Shripad Shri Vallabha
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Shripad Shri Vallabha|
Sripada Sri Vallabha
1320 and disappearance of incarnation in 1351 because his incarnation is still on-going|
|Part of a series on|
Shripad Shri Vallabha (Sanskrit: श्रीपाद श्रीवल्लभ) is an incarnation of Lord Dattatreya who was born and lived in Pithapuram, a town in present-day Andhra Pradesh in India. He is considered one of the first complete Avatars (incarnations) of the deity Dattatreya in Kali Yuga.
Sripad Srivallabh was born to Sri Appalalakshminarashimaraja Sharma and his wife Sumathi on Ganesh Chaturti (Bhadrapada Sudha Chavithi). He was born as their 3rd son.
Vallabhesh Brahmin story
It is believed that the Avatar Shripad Shrivallabh is 'Chiranjeevi' (immortal) and that he took 'Jalsamadhi' in Kuravapura or Kurugaddi, a river island on river Krishna near Raichur, Karnataka. He disappeared since then as a human but still exists in 'Tejorup' (in Pure energy form)
Sometime after Vallabha disappeared, a Brahmin named Vallabhesh vowed to go to Kuravapur and feed 1,000 Brahmins if he earned more than his usual profit. Near Kuravapur, he encountered bandits in disguise who robbed and beheaded him. Vallabha suddenly appeared from nowhere and killed the bandits with his Trishula; one, who appealed to the saint as Shiva, was spared. Vallabha asked him to reattach Vallabhesh's severed head to his body and brought him back to life. Vallabhesh Brahmin completed his vow and became a disciple of Shripad Shri Vallabha.
Vallabhesh Brahmin is considered the mula-purush (founder) of the Hedgewar family. K. B. Hedgewar, founder of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), was a ninth-generation descendant of Vallabhesh.
- Dr. Hedgewar Charitra: N. H. Palkar, pp 1–2, 435–436.
- "Shripad Shrivallabha". Agnihotra - Healing Fire. Archived from the original on 7 February 2011. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- Shri Dattatreya Dnyankosh by P. N. Joshi (Shri Dattateya Dnyankosh Prakashan, Pune, 2000).
- Datta-Sampradyacha Itihas (History of Datta Sampradaya) by R. C. Dhere (Padmagnadha Prakashan, Pune).
- Sri Pada Charitra- Shankar Bhatt (Telugu version by Sri Malladi Diskhitulu)
- Sankshipta Sripada Srivallabha Charitramrutam Parayana grantham (abridged by Smt Prasanna Kumari—Telugu version)
- SriPada Sri Vallabha website - www.sripadavallabha.org
- SriPada Vallabha Miracles - www.sripadavallabhamiracles.com
- SriPada Sri Vallabha Sansthan/ Pithapuram, E.G.District, A.P, India