|Type||Daily regional newspaper|
|Owner(s)||Midland News Association|
|Founded||5 October 1964|
|Circulation||24,529 (July 2017)|
|Sister newspapers||Express & Star|
The Shropshire Star is the fifth biggest-selling regional evening newspaper in Britain. It is based in Ketley, Telford, and covers the whole of Shropshire plus parts of Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Staffordshire, Cheshire and Mid Wales.
Currently edited by Martin Wright, the Shropshire Star publishes three editions a day Monday to Friday and one edition on a Saturday. In the first half of 2012, the newspaper had a daily circulation of 49,751, but this fell to 46,498 in the second half of 2012  and to 24,529 by 2017.
It is printed at its editorial headquarters in Ketley.
The Shropshire Star is one of the few independent daily newspapers still operating in the UK, having been under the continuous ownership of the Graham family almost since its inception. It is owned by the Midland News Association (MNA), which also owns the Express & Star newspaper.
The Shropshire Star has been in circulation since Monday 5 October 1964, inheriting a nightly circulation of around 19,000 from the old Shropshire edition of the Express & Star.
The Midland News Association board saw an opportunity with the growth of Dawley New Town - later renamed Telford - and produced a successful news and advertising product to serve a county which is a mixture of agriculture and industrial areas.
The Shropshire Star publishes breaking news and sport content online each day, in addition to regular blogs and unique video content. Its website shropshirestar.com was launched in 1997.
According to an ABC report, the Shropshire Star website had, at one time, the second highest rise in average monthly unique users across the whole of the regional press - up 41.8 per cent to 469,827.
The website also offers free access to the weekly Chronicle and Journal series.
This list is incomplete
- Martin Wright (2013 - )
- Keith Harrison (2011 – 2013)
- Sarah-Jane Smith (2001 – 2011)
- Adrian Faber (1998 – 2001)
- Andy Wright (1994 – 1998)
- Warren Wilson (1992 – 1994)
- Robert Jones (1977 - 1991)
- Keith Parker (1972 – 1977)
- Jeremy Clarkson - first wrote motoring articles for this paper. He recalled: "I started small, on the Shropshire Star with little Peugeots and Fiats and worked my way up to Ford Granadas and Rovers, until, after about seven years, I was allowed to drive an Aston Martin Lagonda."
- "Audit Bureau of Circulation: Summary Report – Shropshire Star" (PDF). Abc.org.uk. Retrieved 2014-06-10.
- "New editor appointed for Shropshire Star". Shropshire Star. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- "Regional ABCs: Paid-for local press circulation drops by 6.4 per cent". Press Gazette. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- "About Us - Shropshire Star". www.shropshirestar.com. Retrieved 20 April 2017.
- "Shropshire News - Midlands News - Breaking News UK « Shropshire Star". Shropshirestar.com. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- "Midlands News – West Midlands Local News - UK News « Express & Star". Expressandstar.com. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- "Why the Express and Star went 'mobile-first' and responsive". Journalism.co.uk. Retrieved 16 December 2017.
- "Sacked Clarkson tells how his road to motoring fame started in Shropshire". Shropshire Star. 27 March 2015. p. 4.Report by David Banner. This recalls information given by him in his last column for Top Gear magazine prior to his dismissal by the BBC.