||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013)|
Shruti Seth at the Premiere of Rock Of Ages in 2012
|Born||Mumbai, Maharastra, India|
|Spouse(s)||Danish Aslam (2010–present)|
|Children||Alina Aslam (b. 2014)|
Seth attended Ashok Academy and graduated from St. Xavier's College, Mumbai with a degree in Economics and Commerce. She is married to film director Danish Aslam. and together they have a daughter named Alina
Seth started her career as a guest relation executive at the Taj Mahal Hotel, Bombay. According to her, her entry into the world of modeling happened by chance. A 'couple of people' had asked her if she’d like to model and, at that time, it just 'meant extra pocket money'. Over the span of her career as a model she did several commercials including Clean and Clear moisturiser, TATA Home Finance, Ponds Talc, Frooti, Lifebuoy Soap, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, LG, Airtel, Mrs. Marino Hair Softener, Stayfree Secure, Dominos etc.
Eventually, she moved to television. At the start of her career in modeling and television, Seth said that "fate was pushing me in that direction and I just followed the course." She also said that it was her stint on Channel V "that firmly put me on the map."
For Channel V, India she hosted First day First show and Junglee Jukebox. She acted in many serials such as Kyun Hota Hai Pyarrr, Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand and Shararat (sitcom) with actress Farida Jalal and Eva Grover. She played the role of a fairy who recwives magical powers at the age of 18. Seths's performance received critical aacclaim and the show proved to be a hit. She is also seen in Rishta.com on Sony Entertainment Television. On Rishta.com, she said in an interview that, "They (the Yash Raj serials) haven’t got any TRPs at all. But it’s not for the people who are watching TV in the first place. The whole TRP game is very skewed. I don’t believe that in a population of over a billion people, 15,000 households decide what the entire country wants to watch. This lot of Yash Raj was conceptualised for those who are not watching TV". She further said in the same interview that "All our loyal audience for my serial on TV is in London, America, South Africa, Australia. It’s not that the Indians will not like it, it’s just sad that they are not aware of it, because the publicity has been disappointing. She has also hosted several seasons of Comedy Circus on Sony Channel.".
She came into light of controversies when she commented on twitter in opposition on Indian Prime Minister Modi's #selfiewithdaughter campaign for Women and girl child, which he announced in his Mann Ki Baat radio address. After this a lot of people who had a different view than hers started abusing Shruti Seth with several slang tweets that made media and a section of Bollywood to stand against the abuse. Many people accused Shruti Seth of playing gimmicks to get cheap publicity so that she can launch her second innings in Bollywood.
Actor Alok Nath, who used to deliver speeches on his film and TV serial dialogues, too abused Shruti Seth with slang words.
She has starred in a few films. On moving from television to films, she stated that, "I haven’t really moved on to anything. It’s not that I would not do TV and only do films. Yes, more avenues have started opening for me. I am game for doing something exciting on any medium – stage, celluloid or TV". She is probably best known for her role as Fatima "Fatty" in Fanaa (2006) with Aamir Khan and Kajol. She starred in Tara Rum Pum, produced by Yash Raj Films and made an appearance in Prakash Jha's film Raajneeti in 2010. On her role in Rajneeti, she said in an interview that "I am hoping that my hard-hitting role in Rajneeti will change my being typecast, because it is the most unlikely character one would expect me to play".
|2003||Waisa Bhi Hota Hai Part II|
|2007||Ta Ra Rum Pum||Sasha|
|2008||Slumdog Millionaire||Voice accent trainer|
|2009||Aagey Se Right||Suhasi|
|2010||Rajneeti||Political party worker|
|2011||My Friend Pinto||Suhani|
|2004||Maan||Khushi||DD Metro||Television debut|
|2003–2005||Shararat||Jiya Malhotra||Star Plus||Loosely based on American hit show Sabrina the Teenage Witch.|
|2001–2004||Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand||Dingy||Star Plus|
|Mum Tum Aur Hum||Anchor||Star Plus|
|2002–2004||Kyun Hota Hai Pyarrr||Ramya||Star Plus|
|Dhak Dhakk in Dubai||Sheetal Patel||9X|
|My Desi Top 20||Anchor||Zoom TV|
|2007||Comedy Circus 1||Anchor||Sony TV|
|2008||Comedy Circus 2||Anchor||Sony TV|
|2008||Kaante Ki Takkar||Anchor||Sony TV|
|2009||Comedy Circus 20 – 20||Anchor||Sony TV|
|2010||Rishta.Com||Isha Mirchandani||Sony TV||A Yash Raj venture|
|2012||Kahani Comedy Circus Ki||Anchor||Sony TV|
|2012–13||The Suite Life of Karan & Kabir||Priti Jaiswal||Disney Channel India||
Indian remake of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
|2013||Comedy Circus Ke Ajoobe||Anchor||Sony TV|
|2013–2014||Comedy Circus Ke Mahabali||Anchor||Sony TV|
|2013||Baal Veer||Rani Pari (Lead Actress)||SAB TV|
|2015–present||The Great Indian Family Drama||various characters||SAB TV|
|2015–present||"Comedy Nights Bachao"||Self||Colors|
- "All TV shows look the same: Shruti Seth". Hindustan Times. 22 January 2013. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- "Live audience most satisfying: Shruti Seth". Zee News. 28 January 2013. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- Mid-day.com (15 October 2010). "Shruti Seth, Danish Aslam tie the knot". NDTV. Retrieved 18 March 2011.
- aslam /articleshow/39623849.cms "Shruti Seth – Danish Aslam name their newborn, Alina aslam" Check
- "The TRP game is skewed: Shruti Seth". Times of India. 18 April 2010. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- You maybe next to get abused like Kavita Krishnan, Shruti Seth, and Twitter will do nothing. Firstpost. Retrieved on 22 September 2015.
- TV actress Shruti Seth faces abuse on Twitter for criticising PM over his #selfiewithdaughter campaign. News18.com. Retrieved on 22 September 2015.
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth | Business Standard News. Business-standard.com. Retrieved on 22 September 2015.
- ‘Selfie with daughter’ controversy over Modi: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth. The Financial Express (5 July 2015). Retrieved on 2015-09-22.
- Shruti Seth to NDTV.com: "I Have Won Against the Trolls" – NDTV Movies. Movies.ndtv.com (2 July 2015). Retrieved on 2015-09-22.
- Alok Naths Un-Sanskaari Tweet, Shruti Seth and a Game of Trolls – NDTV Movies. Movies.ndtv.com. Retrieved on 22 September 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shruti Seth.|