25 June 1988 |
|Alma mater||Beijing Sport University|
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||71 kg (157 lb)|
|Sport||male Slalom Canoeist|
|Club||Guangdong International Rowing Center|
Shu Junrong (Chinese: 舒俊榕; pinyin: Shū Jùn Róng; born June 25, 1988 in Mayang, Hunan) is a former Chinese male slalom canoeist specializing in the C2 event with Hu Minghai. The pair competed together from 2003, when they were first paired until the 2013 National Games.
Shu was born into a Slalom canoeing family in Shiyantan village (石眼潭村), Jiangkouya town (江口墟镇), Mayang, Hunan. His elder brother Shu Yong (舒用) was the gold medalist in K1 at two national games and the gold medalist at the 2000 Asian Championships. His elder female cousin Shu Zhenghua (舒正华) was also a canoeist. Shu loved playing in the river near his house, he had been a good swimmer while he was a small child.
At the age of 13, in 2001, Shu left Mayang with his brother. They moved to Guangzhou, entering in Guangdong International Rowing Center and following his brother into slalom canoeing. He was selected for the national training team in 2003. In the same year, Shu and Hu Minghai were originally paired for three months. They made a good team and were permanently paired from then on. Shu became a full member of the Chinese canoe slalom team in 2006.
Shu competed with Hu in two Olympic Games, finishing in 10th at 2008 Beijing Olympics and the 6th in 2012 London Olympics. The pair won gold medal at the 2010 ICF World Cup Race 1 in Prague. It was first time that Chinese canoeists won a C2 event at an ICF World Cup. From 2006 to 2012, the pair won four gold medals, one silver medal and two bronze medals in the ICF World Cup series, including ICF Asian Championships and Oceanian Championships. Between 2005 and 2013, Shu competed at the China National Games three times, winning gold medals in 2009 and 2013 and a silver medal in 2005.
World Cup individual podiums
|2006||27 Aug 2006||Zhangjiajie||1st||C21|
|2007||1 Jul 2007||Prague||3rd||C2|
|2008||16 Mar 2008||Penrith||1st||C22|
|22 Jun 2008||Prague||2nd||C2|
|2010||2 May 2010||Xiasi||1st||C21|
|19 Jun 2010||Prague||1st||C2|
|2012||17 Jun 2012||Pau||3rd||C2|
1 Asia Canoe Slalom Championship counting for World Cup points
2 Oceania Championship counting for World Cup points
- 2013 National Games, gold medal, men's C2
- 2012 Olympics, 6th, men's C2
- 2010 Asian Games, gold medal, men's C2
- 2010 Asian Championships, gold medal, men's C2
- 2009 National Games, gold medal, men's C2
- 2009 Canoe Slalom World Championships, 8th, men's C2 (details)
- 2008 Olympics, 10th, men's C2
- 2008 Canoe Slalom World Cup event Czech Republic, Prague, silver medal, men's C2 (details)
- 2008 Canoe Slalom World Cup event Australia Penrith, gold medal, men's C2 (details)
- 2007 Canoe Slalom World Cup Race 1 - Prague, Czech, bronze medal, men's C2 (details)
- 2005 National Games, silver medal, men's C2
- 2005 Holiday Cup National canoe slalom championships - Zijin Huang Tang slalom base, gold medal, men's C2 (details)
- Olympics: profiles of athletes (舒俊榕 / Shu Junrong)
- Huaihua.gov / 怀化政府网 (2016-03-22): 体育名人 (famous sporter) Shu Junrong / 舒俊榕
- Tencent Weibo (MicroBlog) of Shu Junrong
- result of 2000 Asian Canoe Slalom Championships
- Dongjiang Times / 东江时报 (2012-07-31): Profiles of Shu Junrong / 舒俊榕档案
- "Shu Junrong Bio, Stats, and Results". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- "Profile and results". CanoeSlalom.net. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- 胡明海 /舒俊榕 夺得首枚皮划艇激流回旋世界杯金牌
- Results of Canoeing at the 2009 National Games of China (2009-10-20), Xinhua: Results of Canoeing at the 2013 National Games of China (2013-9-11); also see sports.cn (2009-10-20) & people.com (2013-9-4)
- shangdu.com (2005-09-19)
- Huaihua News (怀化新闻网) Shu Junrong from Mayang won gold medal in Asian Games / 麻阳籍选手舒俊榕亚运摘金 (2010-11-16)