Shuanglian MRT station
|Taipei metro station|
|Location||47 Minsheng W Rd|
Datong District, Taipei
|Bicycle facilities||Access available|
|Passengers (2017)||19.468 million per year 0.92%|
|Rank||36 out of 108|
The station is located underneath the metro park, near Minsheng West Road and Zhongshan North Road. The station is a two-level, underground structure with one island platform and two exits. The washrooms are inside the entrance area.
Public art in the station consists of a mural titled "Dawning Sail". Composed of porcelain enamel, the mural reflects Shuanglian's rich historical past from its role as a once-prosperous trading post on the Tamsui River to new developments in the area.
- 17 August 1916: Opened for service on the Tamsui Railroad Line as "Shuanglian Parking Station".
- 1943: The station re-opened after renovation.
- In the past, there was a goods loading center near the station. Thus, it became a major transfer center on the Tamsui Line.
- 15 July 1988: Closed along with the TRA Tamsui Line.
Taipei Metro Station
- July 1993: DORTS decided to use the station as one of the trial stations for public art installations.
- 28 March 1997: Opened for service with the opening of the segment from Tamsui to Zhongshan.
|Street Level||Entrance/Exit||Entrance/Exit, Metro Park|
|B1||Concourse||Lobby, information desk, automatic ticket dispensing machines, one-way faregates|
|Zhongshan Metro Mall (south side of the station), Restrooms (in the underground mall)|
|B2||Platform 1||← Tamsui–Xinyi Line toward Tamsui / Beitou (R13 Minquan West Road)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Platform 2||→ Tamsui–Xinyi Line toward Xiangshan / Daan (R11 Zhongshan) →|
Other metro services
The station is an entrance to the Zhongshan Underground Metro Mall, connecting (between this station and Zhongshan station).
Around the station
- Chen De-xing Hall
- Immaculate Conception Cathedral
- Ministry of Labor
- Taiyuan Asian Puppet Theatre Museum
- Mackay Commemorative Hospital
- Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation Headquarters
- Tatong District Main Office
- Taipei Imperial Hotel
- Minxiang Park
- Taipei City Archives
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shuanglian Station.|
- "Chronicles". Taipei Metro. 5 December 2013. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
- "臺北市交通統計查詢系統". dotstat.taipei.gov.tw (in Chinese). Retrieved 15 September 2018.
- "Route Map:Shuanglian". Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation. Archived from the original on 2010-08-09.
- "Public Art on the Tamsui Line". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. Retrieved 2010-12-07.
- "Third Stage of Taipei MRT (Planned MRT Routes)". Department of Rapid Transit Systems. 2010-03-12. Retrieved 2010-06-22.
- "Metro Taipei Headquarters". Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation Headquarters. May 2002. Archived from the original on 2007-11-23.
|This Taiwanese rapid transit article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|