|Born||10 May 1949|
|Occupation||Motivational Speaker, Social Advocate|
Shuddhaanandaa Brahmachari born 10 May 1949, is a motivational speaker and social advocate. He lives in Kolkata, India, where he founded and is the current mentor of Lokenath Divine Life Mission. He has authored several books and travels internationally, speaking on stress reduction, mindfulness and meditation and microcredit.
Early life and career
He received a Master of Commerce degree in 1972 at Andhra University, Visakhapatnam and taught Commerce at Andhra Vidyalaya College (affiliated to Osmania University). From 1972–1976 he was a lecturer of Commerce at Andhra Vidyalaya College, (affiliated to Osmania University) in Hyderabad, India.
He founded Lokenath Divine Life Mission (LDLM) in 1985 in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. Lokenath Divine Life Mission works in the field of education, health care and women's empowerment, utililizing microcredit self-help programs.
A former professor of economics, Brahmachari’s model aims at direct credit linkage between banks and SHGs, completely eliminating agencies that play the middleman, such as NGOs. LDLM’s role is to create SHGs through awareness, training and organisation and then enable their credit linkage with the banks.
Motivational and spiritual teacher
In 2005, he founded the Stress Management Academy, and began conducting global seminars on breathing, relaxation, meditation, mindfulness and positive thinking for schools, corporations, hospitals, prisons and other venues under his Course of Mindfulness program.
Awards and major speaking engagements
He addressed the Parliament of World Religion in Chicago, (1993) and Barcelona (2004), was a keynote speaker at the Global Youth Conference held at the Capital Center, Washington, DC (1993), and was a special invitee to the United Nations World Millennium Summit of spiritual leaders in New York, (2000). He was a keynote speaker at the International Conference on Spiritual Paradigm for Surmounting Global Management Crisis in Varanasi, India in 2012, 2013.
He received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the S.T.A.R foundation at the House of Lords in the United Kingdom on 21 July 2015 for his "invaluable and outstanding contribution to society". He was presented the Award by The Rt Hon, Lord Hunt of Wirral MBE 
- The Incredible Life of a Himalayan Yogi: The Times, Teachings and Life of Living Shiva Baba Lokenath, 2014
- Your Mind, Your Best Friend in 2003
- Cleaning the Mirror of Mind: Clutter Free Home, Clutter Free Mind, 2013
Shuddhaanandaa Brahmachari is also a spotlight writer for OM Times e-zine.
- "Unleash the 'Power Within'™". weekender.bh. Retrieved 2016-03-09.
- "Backing sought". Gulf Digital News Online. 2015-04-07. Retrieved 2016-03-09.
- "Sri Shuddhaanandaa Brahmachari, Renowned Spiritual Guru at SMS Varanasi (Part-I)". Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "Mindfulness and Meditation Workshop This Monday 9/15". University Health Services. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "In the Spirit: Hindu monk urges putting our lives on pause at least a little every day". La Crosse Tribune. 29 September 2014. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "Mindful Meditation for Health and Happiness - Theosophical Society in America". Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- . "Sri Shuddhaanandaa Brahmachari: The Role of Meditation/ Mindfulness in stress management". Göteborgs universitet. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "The World Council of Religious Leaders". Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- Jones, Constance A.; James D. Ryan (2007). Lokenath Divine Life Mission. Encyclopedia of Hinduism, Encyclopedia of World Religions. New York: Facts On File, Inc. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "Microcredit crosses over to this side of Bengal". dna. 5 April 2007. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- Himalayan Academy. "No-Nonsense Calcutta Swami Rallies Youth To Serve India's Poor". Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "Article". Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- Swinhoe street school Calcutta. Vimeo. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "Parliament of the World's Religions 2004 - Barcelona". Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- Brahmachari, S., & Shannon, A. , 2014, Incredible Life of a Himalayan Yogi : The Times, Teachings and Life of Living Shiva : Baba Lokenath Brahmachari, LDLM Publishers, Kolkata.
- "Baba Shuddhaanandaa receives Lifetime Achievement Award", Pardes Weekly, p. 23, (London, U.K.). 8 August 2015 – 14 August 2015 issue
- Brahmachari, S., & Shannon, A. , 2004, Your Mind Your Best Friend: 30 days To Build Your Most Important Friendship, LDLM Publishers, Kolkata.
- "Cleaning the Mirror of Mind: Clutter Free Home, Clutter Free Mind - Kindle edition by Baba Shuddhaanandaa Brahmachari. Religion & Spirituality Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com". Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "Baba Shuddhaanandaa Brahmachari Archives - OMTimes Magazine". OMTimes Magazine. Retrieved 9 March 2016.