Location of Shudehill in Greater Manchester
|Place||Manchester city centre|
|Fare zone information|
|Metrolink Zone||D (City)|
|Present status||In operation|
31 March 2003 for passengers
29 January 2006
|UK Trams portal|
The Shudehill station is in the City Zone, forming part of the Bury, South Manchester and Oldham-Rochdale lines. Trams run through Shudehill to Bury, Altrincham, Ashton, East Didsbury, Rochdale and Piccadilly. The station has two platforms, one for each direction. Like most other Metrolink stations the station has real-time displays, public telephones, waiting shelters, ticket machines and benches.
- 5 trams per hour to Rochdale Town Centre with double trams in the peak
- 5 trams per hour to Ashton-under-Lyne with double trams in the peak
- 15 trams per hour to Piccadilly with some double trams (7am to 8pm Mon-Fri, 9am – 8pm Sat). 5 trams per hour at all other times.
- 10 trams per hour to Bury with some double trams (7am to 8pm Mon-Fri, 9am – 8pm Sat). 5 trams per hour at all other times.
The bus station, designed by Jefferson Sheard Architects, replaced the former Cannon Street Bus Station which was under the Manchester Arndale which since the redevelopment of Manchester city centre has disappeared along with Cannon Street itself. It also has a brand new car park which, when viewed from the top deck, allows sweeping views across large parts of the city centre.
There are frequent buses to destinations in the north and west of Greater Manchester, including Bolton, Bury, Eccles, Middleton, Rochdale, Salford and the Trafford Centre. Buses also run to Altrincham, Ashton-under-Lyne, Blackpool, Burnley, Leigh, Liverpool John Lennon Airport, Mossley, Oldham, Preston, Rawtenstall, Stalybridge and Warrington. The bus station is also served by night buses, due to its location near the Printworks and the Metroshuttle number 2 zero-fare bus route.
In April 2009, the Manchester Megabus stop moved from the Chorlton Street Coach Station to Shudehill Interchange, joining Terravision's A40 service to Liverpool John Lennon Airport, which also use coaches for its service.
- "Bus Station Departures - Shudehill" (PDF). Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 12 September 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shudehill Interchange.|
- Tram times and station information for Shudehill Interchange from Manchester Metrolink
- City centre Metrolink map
- Bus information for Shudehill Interchange from Transport for Greater Manchester
|Preceding station||Manchester Metrolink||Following station|
|Rochdale Town Centre – Ashton-under-Lyne Line||
towards Rochdale Town Centre
|Bury – Piccadilly Line||
|From Late August 2015|
towards East Didsbury
|Bury – East Didsbury Line||