Tram approaching the Metrolink part of the Interchange from the north.
Location of Shudehill in Greater Manchester
|Place||Manchester city centre|
|Fare zone information|
|Metrolink Zone||D (City)|
|Present status||In operation|
31 March 2003 for passengers
29 January 2006
|UK Trams portal|
The tracks through the site were opened in 1992, however the tram stop did not open until 31 March 2003. The bus part of the interchange opened on 29 January 2006.
Services run at least every 12 minutes on all routes.
The bus station, designed by Jefferson Sheard Architects, replaced the former Cannon Street bus station, under the Manchester Arndale; since the redevelopment of Manchester city centre, the latter has disappeared along with Cannon Street itself.
There are frequent buses to destinations in the north and the west of Greater Manchester, including Bolton, Bury, Eccles, Middleton, Rochdale, Salford and the Trafford Centre. Buses also run to Altrincham, Ashton-under-Lyne, Blackpool, Burnley, Leigh, Liverpool John Lennon Airport, Mossley, Oldham, Preston, Rawtenstall, Stalybridge and Warrington. The bus station is also served by night buses because of its location near the Printworks and the Metroshuttle's zero-fare route 2.
In April 2009, the Manchester Megabus stop moved from the Chorlton Street coach station to Shudehill Interchange, joining Terravision's A40 service to Liverpool John Lennon Airport, which uses coaches for its service as well.
- Metrolink in the City Centre, LRTA
- "Transport for Greater Manchester tram times.". TfGM. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- Shudehill Manchester Metrolink
- Manchester Transport Interchange Jefferson Sheard Architects
- Destination finder Transport for Greater Manchester
- "Bus Station Departures - Shudehill" (PDF). Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 12 September 2012.
- Shudehill Interchange - JLA Terravision
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shudehill Interchange.|
- Tram times and station information for Shudehill Interchange from Manchester Metrolink
- City centre Metrolink map
|Preceding station||Manchester Metrolink||Following station|
|Altrincham – Bury Line||
|Bury – Piccadilly Line|