This biography of a living person includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
March 8, 1958 |
Matsunoyama, Tokamachi, Niigata
|Awards||Kodansha Manga Award in shōnen, 1985|
Shuichi Shigeno (しげの 秀一 Shigeno Shūichi, born March 8, 1958) is a Japanese manga artist famous for creating Initial D. Shigeno has also created Bari Bari Densetsu, Dopkan, and Tunnel Nuketara Sky Blue ("First Love in Summer") all prior to the manga that would make him famous in 1995. In 1985, he received the Kodansha Manga Award in shōnen for Bari Bari Densetsu.
He owns a 1980s Toyota Sprinter Trueno with a panda white color scheme, like Initial D's main character Takumi. He also owns a Sonic Blue Mica-colored 1999 WRX Type STi Version 6 with a STi sports bumper (a part from the STi sport catalogue made to look like the 22B STi bumper but fits non-wide body Imprezas) just like Takumi's father, Bunta. One of his notable students is Jyoji Morikawa, creator of Hajime no Ippo.
- Baribari Legend (1983-1991, serialized in Shonen Magazine, Kodansha)
- Tunnel Nuketara Sky*Blue (1992, serialized in Young Magazine, Kodansha)
- Shō (1992, serialized in Shonen Magazine, Kodansha)
- DO-P-KAN (1993-1995, serialized in Young Magazine, Kodansha)
- Initial D (1995-2013, serialized in Young Magazine, Kodansha)
- Amazing Hana (2014, serialized in Young Magazine, Kodansha)
- Sailor Ace (2015-2017, serialized in Young Magazine, Kodansha)
- MF Ghost (2017-ongoing, serialized in Young Magazine, Kodansha)
- Joel Hahn. "Kodansha Manga Awards". Comic Book Awards Almanac. Archived from the original on 2007-08-16. Retrieved 2007-08-21.
- Shuichi Shigeno at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Shuichi Shigeno on IMDb
- Shuichi Shigeno manga at Media Arts Database (in Japanese)
- Profile at The Ultimate Manga Pages
- The TAFL.org approved fanlisting for Shuichi Shigeno!
- Initial D world
|This biographical article about a manga artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|