|Koji Endo, CEO and President of the KAI Group; Nori Sawamura, Chief of North American Operations|
Shun Cutlery is a kitchen knife brand of the KAI Group, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. In the United States, Shun is sold by Kai USA in Tualatin, Oregon—alongside the Kershaw Knives and Zero Tolerance Knives brands.
The origins of the Kai Group date back to 1908, when founder Saijiro Endo established the company in Seki City, Japan. The company produced various cutlery throughout the 20th century, including folding knives, razors, and kitchen cutlery. In 2002, Kai introduced the Shun Cutlery brand to the Western market. All Shun knives are currently made in Seki City and are distributed to over 30 countries.
Shun has been recognized at the annual Blade Show in Atlanta, Georgia. Additionally, International Forum Design presented the Shun/Ken Onion Chef's Knife with an iF Product Design Award in 2005.
Shun Cutlery produces several lines of kitchen knives in Seki City, Japan.
- Classic Pro
- Dual Core
- Shun Blue
Appearances in media
- Eckstine, Roger (2017). Shooter's Bible Guide to Knives (2nd ed.). New York City, NY: Skyhorse Publishing. p. 166. ISBN 978-1-5107-1128-0.
- "Timeline". KAI-Group.
- De Bellis, Lauren. "Kai Celebrates Shun's 15th Anniversary". HomeWorld Business.
- "Shun Celebrates its 15th Anniversary". Shun Cutlery.
- Ward, Chad (2008). An Edge in the Kitchen. New York, NY: HarperCollins Publishers. p. 77. ISBN 978-0-06-118848-0.
- Shackleford, Steve (November 2006). "The Rich Just Got Richer! BLADE Magazine's 2006 Knives of the Year® Reflect The Finest in Factory Cutlery". BLADE Magazine. Iola, Wisconsin. pp. 13–19.
- Shackleford, Steve (2007). "Hand Salute the Blade Magazine Knives of the Year". Blade Magazine. November 2007
- Sobieck, Ben (4 June 2017). "2017 Knife of the Year® Award Winners & Custom Knife Award Winners – BLADE Show". BLADE.
- iF Yearbook Product 2005. Birkhauser Basel. 1 June 2005. pp. 317, 439. ISBN 3-7643-7183-8.
- "Yikes! Shun Spotted on Hannibal". Shun Cutlery.
- "First Hannibal, Now True Detective". Shun Cutlery.
- Reiter, Lukas; Orci, J. R. (18 May 2017). "Mr. Kaplan". The Blacklist. Season 4. Episode 21. Event occurs at 10:10. NBC. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- Rinella, Steven (29 January 2015). "Burger Extravaganza: Cooking Special". MeatEater. Season 5. Episode 4. Event occurs at 0:20. The Sportsman Channel. Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- Deaver, Jeffery (8 April 2014). The Kill Room. Grand Central Publishing. p. 44. ISBN 978-1455517084.
- "Shun Spotted in the Family Guy Game, 'The Quest for Free Stuff'". Shun Cutlery.