Shun Hing Square
|Shun Hing Square|
Shun Hing Square in August 2012
|Type||Office, parking garage, retail|
|Location||5002 Shennan Road East, Luohu District, Shenzhen, China|
|Owner||Kumagai Gumi Company|
|Architectural||384 m (1,260 ft)|
|Roof||325 m (1,066 ft)|
|Top floor||298.1 m (978 ft)|
|Observatory||298.1 m (978 ft)|
|Floor count||69 (+3 basement floors)|
|Floor area||280,000 m2 (3,000,000 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||K.Y. Cheung Design Associates|
|Developer||Shun Hing Group|
|Structural engineer||Maunsell AECOM Group|
|Shun Hing Square|
The building was built at a pace of four floors in nine days. The main tower is office space, car park and a 5-storey shopping arcade complex with four sets of escalators, five passenger lifts and two service lifts, and a floor area ranging from 3450 m2 to 4900 m2. On the top floor (69th floor) is the Meridian View Centre, an observation deck. Its common nickname "Diwang Building" derives from the auction price for the piece of land it stands being the most expensive in Shenzhen at the time. 24,500 tonnes of steel were used in construction.
Currently,[when?] the building is
- The third tallest in Shenzhen
- 15th tallest building in mainland China
- 28th tallest in the world
- The tallest building in the world with fewer than 70 floors
- The tallest all-steel building in China.
- The tallest building in China from 1996 to the completion of CITIC Plaza in Guangzhou in 1997.
- The first skyscraper in China to be one of the ten tallest in the world (Bank of China Tower and Central Plaza, of Hong Kong, were constructed while Hong Kong was still under British sovereignty).
- Tallest building constructed in Shenzhen in the 1990s.
- Tallest building in Shenzhen from 1996 to September 2011 until surpassed by the nearby 441.8-metre-tall (1,449 ft) Kingkey 100.
Shun Hing Square shown from the Ping An Finance Centre
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shun Hing Square.|
- List of tallest buildings in the world
- List of tallest buildings and structures in the People's Republic of China
- List of tallest buildings in Shenzhen
- "Shun Hing Square - The Skyscraper Center". Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat.
- "Shun Hing Square". Skyscraperpage.com. Retrieved 2008-07-08.
- "Shun Hing Square (Shenzhen, 1996) - Structurae".
- "Shun Hing Square". skyscraperpicture.com. Archived from the original on 2008-07-25. Retrieved 2008-07-08.
- "Shun Hing Square". Emporis.com. Retrieved 2008-07-08.
- "Shun Hing Square (Diwang/Di Wang Commercial Center) - Landmark - Shenzhen, Shekou Entertainment, Food and Lodging". 4 August 2011.
- Shun Hing Square on CTBUH Skyscraper Center
- Meridian View Centre observation deck video
- Geographic data related to Shun Hing Square at OpenStreetMap
|This Shenzhen-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|