Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up shunt in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Shunt may refer to:
- Shunt (medical)—a hole or passage allowing fluid to move from one part of the body to another, including:
- arteriovenous shunt
- atriocaval shunt
- Blalock–Taussig shunt
- cardiac shunt
- cerebral shunt
- Cimino shunt
- distal splenorenal shunt
- lumbar–peritoneal shunt
- peritoneovenous shunt
- portosystemic shunt (also known as a liver shunt)
- portacaval shunt
- pulmonary shunt
- pulmonary-to-systemic shunt
- right-to-left shunt
- Sano shunt
- transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt
- Shunt (electrical)—a device allowing electric current to pass around a point in a circuit, including:
- Shunt impedance—a term used in accelerator physics
- Another term for a rear-end collision in traffic safety
- Shunt (railway operations)—the process of sorting items of rolling stock into train sets or consists, also called "switching"
- Shunt (sailing) - a maneuver to change the direction of a boat, similar to tacking.
- Shunt (theatre company)—an experimental theatre company based in London
- An alternative metabolic pathway, most commonly used to refer to the hexose monophosphate shunt, which bypasses or runs parallel to glycolysis
- Shunt, a house robot in the TV series Robot Wars
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Shunt.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.