Shuqaiq 2 IWPP
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Shuqaiq 2 IWPP|
|Construction began||February 28, 2007|
|Commission date||December 1, 2010|
|Construction cost||$1,830 million|
|Owner(s)||Shuqaiq Water and Electricity Company|
|Thermal power station|
|Primary fuel||Arabian Heavy Crude Oil|
|Units operational||3 MHI STG|
3 MHI Boiler
16 MHI RO Trains
|Nameplate capacity||850 MW|
Shuqaiq 2 IWPP (Independent Water and Power Project) is an integrated water and power plant project in Shuqaiq, Saudi Arabia. Construction of Shuqaiq 2 IWPP began in 2007 and achieved commercial operation in 2010. The project’s power and desalination units are located adjacent to the existing Shuqaiq 1 power and desalination complex, 105 km south of Abha and 140 km north of Jizan, on the south-western (Red Sea) coast of Saudi Arabia.
The Project is based on BOO (Build Own Operate) basis, under a 20-year PWPA (Power and Water Purchase Agreement) for the design, construction, commissioning, testing, ownership, operation and maintenance of a new 850 MW Arabian Heavy Crude Oil fired power and 212,000 m3/day (47 MIGD) desalination plant and associated facilities.
- ACWA Power: 40%
- Public Investment Fund: 32%
- Gulf Investment Council: 20%
- Saudi Electricity Company: 8%
|Signature of Agreements LLA, PWPA, EPC and O&M||28-Feb-2007|
- LLA: Land Lease Agreement
- PWPA: Power and Water Purchase Agreement
- EPC: Engineering, Procurement, Construction
- O&M: Operations and Maintenance
- ICOD: Initial Commercial Operation Date
- PCOD: Project Commercial Operation Date
The Shuqaiq 2 IWPP comprises three (3) units of Arabian heavy crude oil fired boilers, (3) condensing steam turbines and one reverse osmosis water unit comprising 16 trains. The construction of power and desalination plant was carried out by MHI (Mitsubishi Heavy Industries).
- Qurayyah IPP
- Rabigh 2 IPP
- List of largest power stations in the world
- List of power stations in Saudi Arabia
- "Shuqaiq Water and Electricity Company". News. ACWA News Feed. Archived from the original on 22 March 2014. Retrieved 22 April 2014.
- "ACWA Power Increases its Ownership in Shuqaiq (SqWEC)". News. ACWA News Feed. Archived from the original on 19 August 2014. Retrieved 22 April 2014.
|This article about a power station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|