This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Governor||Vladimir Kasyan|
|• Total||383 km2 (148 sq mi)|
|Area rank||Ranked 7th|
|• Rank||Ranked 7th|
|• Density||15/km2 (38/sq mi)|
Shushi Province (Armenian: Շուշի) is a province of the de facto Republic of Artsakh. The Republic has limited international recognition. It is de jure part of the Republic of Azerbaijan. The province has 7 communities of which 1 is considered urban and 6 are rural.
Sites of interest
- Shushi, its largest community.
- "The rock" of Shushi, below which is the village of Karin Tak (Քարին Տակ; Under the Rock). "The rock" is historic in Armenian history as it was from there that Armenian fighters ambushed the Azeri military who were held in Shushi during the Nagorno-Karabakh War
- Ghazanchetsots Cathedral, 1868–1887
- The Shushi Tank Memorial
- The church of Kanatch Zham (Կանաչ Ժամ եկեղեցի), 1847
- Artsakh: A Photographic Journey by Hrair Khatcherian, p. 12.
|This Artsakh location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|