Screenshot of Shutter running on Kali Linux
|License||GNU General Public License|
It provides several features, like capturing a specific area, the whole desktop, a Menu or Tooltip, a single window or a website. It provides a time delay function before taking a screenshots and a set of editing functions to further manipulate the taken screenshots. It also supports a great variety of plugins and integrates itself into user interfaces such as Unity. The project is developed on Launchpad.
The following functionality is provided to edit taken screenshots:
- Draw a freehand line
- Draw a straight line
- Draw an arrow
- Draw a rectangle
- Draw an ellipse
- Add some text to the screenshot
- Censor portions of your screenshot to hide private data
- Pixelize selected areas of your screenshot to hide private data
- Add an auto-increment shape to the screenshot
- Crop a screenshot
- "Shutter in Launchpad". launchpad.net. Retrieved 2016-09-18.