|Look up shuttle in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The original meaning of the word shuttle is the device used in weaving to carry the weft. By reference to the continual to-and-fro motion associated with that, the term was then applied in transportation and then in other spheres. Thus the word may now also refer to:
- Air shuttle, a type of flight which quickly connects nearby destinations
- Delta Shuttle, the brand name for Delta Air Lines' air shuttle service
- Rossi Shuttle Quik, an Italian ultralight trike design
- Shuttle America, a regional airline based in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Shuttle by United, a regional airline operated as a subsidiary of United Airlines
- Shuttle Carrier Aircraft, modified Boeing 747 airliners used to transport Space Shuttle orbiters
- US Airways Shuttle, the brand name for an hourly service offered by US Airways
- Fit Shuttle, the station wagon version of Honda Fit
- Honda Shuttle, the first generation Honda Odyssey
Public transport systems operating at frequent intervals on a short, (mostly) non-stop route between two places
- Shuttle bus service
- Shuttle train service
- Shuttle van, a New Zealand term for shared taxis
- Buran-class shuttle, the vehicle for the Soviet Buran programme.
- Space Shuttle, the vehicle for the NASA Space Shuttle program from 1981 to 2011.
- Shuttle (spacecraft type), a smaller spacecraft used for ship-to-ship and ship-to-ground transport in theory and science fiction
- River Shuttle, a river of southeast London in England
Arts, entertainment, and media
Sciences and technology
- Molecular shuttles, a molecule capable of nanoscale transportation
- Multi-project wafer service (|MPW) shuttle, an integrated circuit production run for multi-chip or multi-project wafers
- Shuttle bombing, a World War II strategic bombing tactic
- Shuttle vector, vector that shuttles between species, biochemistry, genetics
- 20-yard shuttle, test performed by American football players
- Shuttlecock or birdie, the object batted back and forth in badminton
- Shuttle, school bullying in South Korea at Maa Ka Bhosada.
- Shuttle Inc., a manufacturer of small form-factor computers
- Shuttle trading, a form of goods distribution
- USS Shuttle (SP-3572), a United States Navy patrol vessel in commission from 1918 to 1919
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Shuttle.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.