|Look up shuttle in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The original meaning of the word shuttle is the device used in weaving to carry the weft. By reference to the continual to-and-fro motion associated with that, the term was then applied in transportation and then in other spheres. Thus the word may now also refer to:
- Buran-class shuttle, the vehicle for the Soviet Buran programme.
- Space Shuttle, the vehicle for the NASA Space Shuttle program from 1981 to 2011.
- Shuttlecraft (disambiguation), any smaller spacecraft, usually capable of atmospheric transport
- Air transportation
- Delta Shuttle, the brand name for Delta Air Lines' air shuttle service
- Rossi Shuttle Quik, an Italian ultralight trike design
- Shuttle America, a regional airline based in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Shuttle by United, a regional airline operated as a subsidiary of United Airlines
- Shuttle Carrier Aircraft, modified Boeing 747 airliners used to transport Space Shuttle orbiters
- US Airways Shuttle, the brand name for an hourly service offered by US Airways
- Land transportation
- Public transport system operating at frequent intervals on a short, (mostly) non-stop route between two places
- Shuttle van, a New Zealand term for shared taxis
- The first generation Honda Odyssey, also known as Honda Shuttle
- The station wagon version of Honda Fit, known as Fit Shuttle
Sciences and technology
- Molecular shuttles, a molecule capable of nanoscale transportation
- Shuttle vector, vector that shuttles between species, biochemistry, genetics
- Shuttle bombing, a World War II strategic bombing tactic
- MPW shuttle, an integrated circuit production run for multi-chip or multi-project wafers
- Shuttle Inc., a manufacturer of small form-factor computers
- Shuttlecock or birdie, the object batted back and forth in badminton
- River Shuttle, a river of southeast London in England
- USS Shuttle (SP-3572), a United States Navy patrol vessel in commission from 1918 to 1919
- 20-yard shuttle, test performed by American football players
- Shuttle, a school bullying in South Korea
- shuttle trading, a form of goods distribution
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Shuttle.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.