Mohan performing at a stage show
|Alma mater||Stella Maris College, Chennai|
Sujatha Mohan (singer)
Shweta Mohan (born 19 November 1985) is an Indian playback singer. She has received four Filmfare Awards South for Best Female Playback Singer, one Kerala State Film Award and one Tamil Nadu State Film Award. She has recorded songs for film music and albums in all the four south Indian languages namely Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada in addition to the Hindi films and has established herself as a leading playback singer of South Indian cinema.
Shweta Mohan was born on 19 November 1985 to a Malayali Hindu Nair family in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. She is the daughter of Krishna Mohan and playback singer Sujatha Mohan. She completed schooling at Good Shepherd Convent, Chennai and graduated from Stella Maris College, Chennai. She married her long-time friend Ashwin Shashi on 16 January 2011. Shweta Mohan and Ashwin Shashi have a daughter Sresta, born on 1 December 2017.
Shweta has sung for music directors in India like Ilayaraja, A. R. Rahman, Vidyasagar, M M Keeravani, M. Jayachandran, Johnson, Sharreth, Ousepachan, Deepak Dev, Harris Jayaraj, Yuvan Shankar Raja, V. Harikrishna, G. V. Prakash, Mani Sharma, Kannan, N. R. Raghunanthan, Manikanth Kadri, Devi Sri Prasad and Anirudh Ravichander. She is learning Carnatic classical music from Smt. Binni Krishnakumar.
Awards & nominations
Mohan has recorded songs for film music and albums in all the four South Indian languages namely, Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada along with the Hindi language and has established herself as a leading playback singer of South Indian cinema.
Mohan has appeared as a judge on several television reality shows and she also appears in music videos.
- Singer Shweta Mohan blessed with a baby n girl named Sreshta. English.mathrubhumi.com (1 December 2017). Retrieved on 2019-08-25.
- "Shweta Mohan Playback singer". The Times of India. 13 August 2020.
- [https://www.newindianexpress.com/cities/kochi/2012/jun/25/a-timeless-melody-380408.html A timeless melody ].
- A Timeless Melody, The New Indian Express (25 June 2012). Retrieved on 25 August 2019.
- "And Quiet Flows The Karamana: Two of a kind". The Hindu. 5 October 2012.