|Directed by||Sebastian Maliyekkal|
|Story by||Sebastian Maliyekkal|
|Produced by||Sebastian Maliyekkal|
|Edited by||Jovin Jhon|
Rajageetham Films Pvt. Ltd.
|Distributed by||Rajageetham Films|
Shyam (Black) is a 2016 Indian Malayalam-language drama family film directed and produced by debutant Sebastian Maliyekkal, under the banner of Rajageetham Films Pvt. Ltd. The film features Rahul Madhav, Bhagath Manuel, Vivek Gopan and Aparna Bajpai in the lead roles. It was released on 26 August 2016.
The film which revolves around friendship and love tells the story of Shyam (Rahul Madhav), who lost his father when he was young, and the developing unique relationship with his mother Rajamma (Sajitha Madathil) and mutual friends, who support him during difficult situations.
Shyam works as an accountant. He is liked and loved by others. Sebin (Bhagath Manuel) is a supervisor in a car company, Stephen (Govindankutty) works as a medical representative and Ramachandran (Vivek Gopan) is a sales executive. The incidents in the lives of these bachelors form the plot. The film portrays how one's childhood experiences influence the future and personality of others and the value of relations in one's life.
- Rahul Madhav as Shyam
- Bhagath Manuel as Sebin
- Aparnaa Bajpai as Sinda
- Vivek Gopan as Ramachandran
- Govindankutty as Stephen
- Sajitha Madathil as Rajamma (Shyam's mother)
- Shaju Sasi
- Nazeer Sankranthi
- Sharvin Benedict
|1.||"Chadikko Penne"||Jassie Gift|
|2.||"Ko Ko Komalavalli"|
|3.||"Vidaraan Maranna Poove"||Vijay Yesudas|
- Manalethu, Biju Cherian (29 June 2016). "Shyam: A film on relationship and love". Cinetrooth. Archived from the original on 5 July 2016. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "Shyam Movie Review | Nettv4u.com". nettv4u. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "Cinema news". www.mathrubhumi.com. Archived from the original on 3 February 2017. Retrieved 4 January 2017.