|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015)|
Shynola was formed by Gideon Baws, Chris Harding, Richard Kenworthy and Jason Groves in 1994 at the Kent Institute of Art & Design. They collaborated on a number of art projects at college, including an exhibition at a London gallery in 1996 called "Shinola".
The name Shynola is a reference to Shinola, a wax based shoe polish from the early 1900s.
Gideon Baws died aged 33 from viral myocarditis on 11 October 2008.
- UNKLE - Guns Blazing (Drums of Death Part 1 Instrumental) (originally used as substitute to an acceptance speech by James Lavelle at NME Brat Awards and subsequently for UNKLE's live shows)
- Quannum feat. Lyrics Born & The Poets of Rhythm - I Changed My Mind (Stereo MCs Rattlesnake Mix) (in fact the song is solely performed by Lyrics Born & The Poets of Rhythm, Quannum is only the label )
- Grooverider vs. Cypress Hill - On The Double
- Morgan - Flying High
- Radiohead blips: 'Basement Bear', 'Bear Witch', 'Dead Air', 'Drown', 'Eyes', 'Geese', 'Giant', 'Planes', 'Scarecrows', 'Six Million Thom', 'Stars', 'Thom Over Planes', 'Valley', 'Wake Up', 'White Mountains', 'Yeti'
- Doug Gives a Talk About: Electronics
- The Littlest Robo
- Natwest 'Fishing Line'
- Nike Presto campaign: 'Brutal Honey','Orange Monk', 'Rabid Panda', 'Shady Milkman', 'Trouble At Home', 'Unholy Cumulus'
- Orange 'Eak'
- Queens of the Stone Age - Go with the Flow
- Blur - Crazy Beat
- The Rapture - House of Jealous Lovers
- Blur - Good Song (co-directed by David Shrigley)
- Junior Senior - Move Your Feet
- Honda Civic Si - 'Tail Pipe'
- Nathan Barley - Various graphics
- The IT Crowd - Title sequence
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - Title sequence
- Adam Buxton's BUG - Title sequence
- D&AD Awards (2012) Illustration for Design - Laura Marling album A Creature I Don't Know
- D&AD Awards (2010) Music Video (Animation) - Coldplay Strawberry Swing
- UK MVA Awards (2009) Video of the Year - Coldplay Strawberry Swing
- UK MVA Awards (2009) Best Rock Video - Coldplay Strawberry Swing
- UK MVA Awards (2009) Best Animation in a Music Video - Coldplay Strawberry Swing
- McLaren Animation Award (2004) - Blur Good Song
- CAD awards (2004) Best Animation in a Music Video
- D&AD Awards (2004) Best Direction
- D&AD Awards (2004) Best Animation
- British Animation Awards (2004) Best Music Video - Blur Good Song
- MTV VMA award (2003) Best Special Effects in a Video (shared with Clear) - Queens of the Stone Age Go with the Flow
- CAD award (2003) Best Director
- CAD award (2003) Best Rock Video - Athlete You Got The Style
- LEAF Award (2002) Best Pop Promo - U.N.K.L.E. Eye 4 An Eye
- McLaren Animation Award (2002) - U.N.K.L.E. Eye 4 An Eye
- NME Brat Award (2002) Best Video - Radiohead Pyramid Song
- CAD Award (2002) Best Rock Video - Radiohead Pyramid Song
- CAD Award (2001) Best Alternative Video - Morgan Flying High
- CAD Award (2001) Best Marketing Campaign (Shared with Dilly Gent and Chris Bran) - Radiohead Blips Kid A
- LEAF Award (2000) Best Computer Animated Advertisement - Nat West 'Fishing Line'
- BBC2 Awards (2000) Best Music Video - Quannum I Changed My Mind
- MPVA Awards (2000) Best Video For Under - Quannum I Changed My Mind
- Ottawa International Animation Festival (1999) Best Computer Animation The Littlest Robo
- Rutledge,James: BBC, "Filmmakers Shynola get animated with Collective.", August 29, 2003, Accessed online, May 27, 2015
- Hilton, Robin: NPR, "Trent Reznor- New Band, New Song, New Video, Still Terrifying", January 31, 2013, Accessed online, May 27, 2015
- "Pitchfork.com Need You Now Article". Pitchfork.com. Retrieved 3 April 2015.