This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to improve the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Shynola was formed by Gideon Baws, Chris Harding, Richard Kenworthy and Jason Groves in 1994 at the Kent Institute of Art & Design. They collaborated on a number of art projects at college, including an exhibition at a London gallery in 1996 called "Shinola".
The name Shynola is a reference to Shinola, a wax based shoe polish from the early 1900s.
In 2008, Shynola member Gideon Baws died at age 33.
|1999||UNKLE||"Guns Blazing (Drums of Death, Pt. 1)" (Instrumental)|
|Quannum featuring Lyrics Born and The Poets of Rhythm||"I Changed My Mind" (Stereo MCs Rattlesnake Mix)|
|2000||Grooverider vs. Cypress Hill||"On the Double"|
|Radiohead||Kid A blips: 'Basement Bear', 'Bear Witch', 'Dead Air', 'Drown', 'Eyes', 'Geese', 'Giant', 'Planes', 'Scarecrows', 'Six Million Thom', 'Stars', 'Thom Over Planes', 'Valley', 'Wake Up', 'White Mountains', 'Yeti'|
|Stephen Malkmus||"Jo Jo's Jacket"|
|UNKLE||"Eye for an Eye"|
|2002||Lambchop||"Is a Woman"|
|Athlete||"You Got the Style"|
|2003||Queens of the Stone Age||"Go with the Flow"|
|The Rapture||"House of Jealous Lovers"|
|Junior Senior||"Move Your Feet"|
|2013||How to Destroy Angels||"How Long?"|
|2015||Hot Chip||"Need You Now"|
|Raleigh Ritchie||Bloodsport '15|
|2016||Tiësto and Oliver Heldens featuring Natalie La Rose||"The Right Song"|
|Joe Goddard||"Music Is the Answer"|
- Doug Gives a Talk On Electronics (1999)
- Dr. Easy (2013)
- NatWest: "Fishing Line" (2000)
- Nike Presto: "Brutal Honey", "Orange Monk", "Rabid Panda", "Shady Milkman", "Trouble At Home", "Unholy Cumulus" (2000)
- Orange S.A.: "Eak" (2000)
- PlayStation 2 / Frequency: "Q*bert", "Worm" (2001)
- Nike / Foot Locker: "Uptempo Press 2", "School Ya Again" (2002)
- Honda Civic Si: "Tail Pipe" (2005)
- Hulu: "Evolution" (2012)
- Beats Music: "Vision" (2014)
- George Fashion: "Spring/Summer 2015" (2015)
- George Home: "Spring Time" (2015)
- Durex: "#CondomEmoji" (2015)
- Delta Air: "Center of it All" (2016)
- SF:UK documentary, opening titles (2001)
- Nathan Barley, various graphics (2005)
- The IT Crowd, title sequence (2006)
- "BRODOWN" ident for MTV (2012)
- Adam Buxton's BUG, title sequence (2012)
- Netflix's Glow, title sequence (2017)
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, guide animations (2004)
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, title sequence (2010)
- SpectreVision animated logo (2014)
- D&AD Awards (2012) Illustration for Design - Laura Marling album A Creature I Don't Know
- D&AD Awards (2010) Music Video (Animation) - Coldplay Strawberry Swing
- UK MVA Awards (2009) Video of the Year - Coldplay Strawberry Swing
- UK MVA Awards (2009) Best Rock Video - Coldplay Strawberry Swing
- UK MVA Awards (2009) Best Animation in a Music Video - Coldplay Strawberry Swing
- McLaren Animation Award (2004) - Blur Good Song
- CAD awards (2004) Best Animation in a Music Video
- D&AD Awards (2004) Best Direction
- D&AD Awards (2004) Best Animation
- British Animation Awards (2004) Best Music Video - Blur Good Song
- MTV VMA award (2003) Best Special Effects in a Video (shared with Clear) - Queens of the Stone Age Go with the Flow
- CAD award (2003) Best Director
- CAD award (2003) Best Rock Video - Athlete You Got The Style
- LEAF Award (2002) Best Pop Promo - U.N.K.L.E. Eye 4 An Eye
- McLaren Animation Award (2002) - U.N.K.L.E. Eye 4 An Eye
- NME Brat Award (2002) Best Music Video - Radiohead Pyramid Song
- CAD Award (2002) Best Rock Video - Radiohead Pyramid Song
- CAD Award (2001) Best Alternative Video - Morgan Flying High
- CAD Award (2001) Best Marketing Campaign (Shared with Dilly Gent and Chris Bran) - Radiohead Blips Kid A
- LEAF Award (2000) Best Computer Animated Advertisement - Nat West 'Fishing Line'
- BBC2 Awards (2000) Best Music Video - Quannum I Changed My Mind
- MVPA Awards (2000) Best Video For Under - Quannum I Changed My Mind
- Ottawa International Animation Festival (1999) Best Computer Animation The Littlest Robo
- Giannalberto Bendazzi (6 November 2015). Animation: A World History: Volume III: Contemporary Times. CRC Press. pp. 236–. ISBN 978-1-317-51987-4.
- Rutledge,James: BBC, "Filmmakers Shynola get animated with Collective.", August 29, 2003, Accessed online, May 27, 2015 Archived December 19, 2005, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Remembering and running for Gideon Baws".
- Zoo. Purple House Limited. 2001.
- Jayne Pilling (29 May 2012). Animating the Unconscious: Desire, Sexuality, and Animation. Columbia University Press. pp. 75–. ISBN 978-0-231-85014-8.
- "Lens Recap: The Story Behind Queens Of The Stone Age's 'Go With The Flow'".
- "Shynola Imagines Coldplay in 2-D - Interview Magazine". 20 July 2009.
- "David O'Reilly: The 'Wrist' Behind 'Son of Rambow'".
- "Strawberry Swing video scoops three awards - Coldplay".
- "BBC - Films - Festivals and Seasons - Edinburgh - Award Winners". www.bbc.co.uk.