|Industry||Wireless Services; Telecommunication|
|Dejan Turk, Andreas Graf, Natali Delić, Boštjan Košak|
|Products||GSM, GPRS, MMS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA and HSPA+|
|Revenue||188,3 million euros (2011)|
Number of employees
|369 (end of 2011)|
|Parent||Telekom Austria Group|
The company was established in December 1997 and began operating in March 1999 as the Slovenian first private mobile operator. In 2000, the company was the second to market WAP, preceded by Mobitel.
After initial losses, the company's shares were in February 2001 purchased by Telekom Austria Group, making Si.mobil a part of a leading group of mobile service operators in Central and Eastern Europe. In June of that year, Si.mobil was the first in Slovenia and among the first in Europe to introduce GPRS to its customers. In 2002, it was the first company to market MMS.
An important step forward was signing a partnership agreement with Vodafone in January 2002, which enabled Si.mobil to establish itself as the price leader that offers global products and services. From September 2003, the company is presented under the dual brand Si.mobil - Vodafone [ˈsiːmɔbil ˈʋoːdafɔn].
In 2004, the company was one of the first operators worldwide to offer EDGE, and in 2006, they introduced its own UMTS/HSDPA network. In addition, Si.mobil offers other services like GPS on mobile phones, mobile office and mobile internet. In 2007, Si.mobil was the first Slovenian company to open its office in Second Life where they have built an island. In January 2008, it passed the milestone of 500,000 customers.
Si.mobil has been bestowed with many prizes. At the 15th Slovenian Advertising Festival the company won the Advertiser of the Year award for the year 2005. In 2007 they were among the first companies in Slovenia to receive the Family Friendly Enterprise Certificate for their successful balancing of work and family life. As one of the most reputable employers in Slovenia they also received the Reputable Employer certificate. In November 2007 they were granted Superbrands status.
- "Simobil Increases Profits and Eyes 3G Licence". Telecommunications Insight. Business Monitor International. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- Barbara Hrvatin (2005). "Sestava in analiza zaključnega računa gospodarske družbe" (PDF) (in Slovenian). Faculty of Management Koper. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- Nevenka Hrovatin; Damir Cibic; Matej Švigelj (4th quarter of 2004). "Liberalisation and (de)Regulation of Slovenian Telecommunications Markets" (PDF). Communications & Strategies: 151. Retrieved 2008-04-06. Check date values in:
- "InfoGin - The Whole Web @ Your Call: Customers". InfoGin. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- Stergar, Aleš, ed. (2000). Slovenski almanah 2001 [Slovene Almanac 2001]. Delo, d. d. p. 56. COBISS 512334978.
- "CheckCom Mobile Commerce Newsletter: 3 - 2001". CheckCom Inc. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- "Si.Mobil pričel tržiti storitev GPRS" [Si.Mobil Started to Market the GPRS Service]. Monitor (in Slovenian). Mladina, d. d. 11 June 2001. ISSN 1581-081X.
- "Od NMT-ja do G4" [From NMT to G4]. Moj mikro (in Slovenian). Delo Revije, d. d. 2 May 2011. ISSN 1580-2574.
- Boštjan Knap. "Securing VPN on the move" (PDF). Stonesoft Corporation. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- "EDGE Worldwide" (PDF). 3G Americas. 2004-09-14. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-05-28. Retrieved 2008-04-10.
- "Si.mobil d.d.". BusinessWeek Online. The McGraw-Hill Companies Inc.
- "US$9.30 data ARPU for Si.Mobil is highest in CEE region". WCIS News & Comment. WCIS.
- "Tudi Si.mobil - Vodafone v Second Life". Monitor (in Slovenian). Mladina d.d. 2007-08-25. Retrieved 2008-10-04.
- Hromadžić, Hajrudin. "Between Two Lives". Puls demokratije. Open Society Fund BiH.
- Dare Gliha (2008-01-23). "500.000-i uporabnik Si.mobil – Vodafone" (in Slovenian). Mobile.si. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- "A Festival of Creativity". Slovenian Public Relations and Media Office. 2006-03-04. Archived from the original on January 6, 2015. Retrieved 2009-03-13.
- "Seznam prejemnikov osnovnega certifikata »Družini prijazno podjetje« v letu 2007" (PDF) (in Slovenian). Ekvilib.
- "Si.Mobil: "Naši zaposleni so prvi kandidati za vsako odprto delovno mesto"". Dnevnik.si (in Slovenian). 2008-03-22. Retrieved 2008-04-10.[dead link]
- "Awards". Si.mobil d.d. Retrieved 2008-04-10.