|Headquarters||Sunnyvale, California, United States|
SiBEAM Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Lattice Semiconductor, is a fabless semiconductor company that provides integrated circuits and system solutions for millimeter-wave (mmWave) wireless communications and sensing. SiBEAM was founded to commercialize pioneering millimeter wave wireless technology developed at the labs of University of California, Berkeley. The company was also first to market with wireless gigabit mobile video products. SiBEAM is based in Sunnyvale.
SiBEAM was founded in 2004 by researchers in wireless communications from the University of California, Berkeley. Backed by companies including Panasonic, Samsung, Cisco Systems, and Best Buy. The company raised over $112 million of venture capital financing from U.S. Venture Partners, New Enterprise Associates, Foundation Capital, and Lux Capital in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, and 2010. SiBEAM was noted by several publications as one of the promising startup companies in its industry.
On March 15, 2015, Silicon Image was acquired by Lattice Semiconductor in an all-cash acquisition, valued at approximately $606.6 million (or approximately $466.6 million on an enterprise value basis). SiBEAM became a direct wholly owned subsidiary of Lattice Semiconductor on June 1, 2015.
- Panasonic and Samsung invest in SiBEAM to promote WirelessHD. Venture Beat, December 1, 2008
- Panasonic, Samsung Invest in SiBeam. PC Magazine, December 1, 2008
- Panasonic, Samsung invest in SiBEAM. Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal, December 1, 2008
- Best Buy, Cisco, Others Add $36.5M to SiBeam. PC Magazine, March 9, 2010
- SiBEAM, Fidelis, Imperva and more. The Deal. April 7, 2008
- SiBeam gains $40 million in funding. EETimes, April 7, 2008
- Fabless chipmaker raises $40M. The Deal, April 7, 2008
- SiBeam Adds $40 Million in New Funding. New York Times Deal Book, April 8, 2008
- SiBEAM, Inc. Secures $21 Million in Series B Funding. Venture Capital Reporter, August 22, 2006
- Wireless startup gets $15 million. Silicon Valley / San Jose Business Journal, July 26, 2005
- SiBEAM raises $36.5M for wireless video transfer technology. Venture Beat, March 9, 2010
- SiBEAM, Inc., Recognized by EE Times As Emerging Startup To Watch for Fourth Consecutive Year. EETimes, February 10, 2009
- AO100 Top Private Companies for 2007
- Silicon Image Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire SiBEAM Silicon Image Press Release, April 14, 2011
- Silicon Image Completes Acquisition of SiBEAM Silicon Image Press Release, May 16, 2011
- Wireless HD coming to homes. CNN / Fortune, February 18, 2009
- SiBeam takes wraps off Wireless HD technology. EETimes, June 27, 2007
- Amimon makes headway with high-speed home video networking. Venture Beat, December 9, 2008
- SiBEAM Goes 60 GHz. DailyWireless, June 27, 2007
-  (company website)