Si Agimat at si Enteng Kabisote
|Si Agimat at Si Enteng Kabisote|
Theatrical movie poster
|Directed by||Tony Y. Reyes|
Oyo Boy Sotto
|Distributed by||GMA Films
(Official 2010 MMFF run)
(Official Domestic Run)
Si Agimat at Si Enteng Kabisote (lit. "Agimat and Enteng Kabisote") is an action comedy fantasy crossover film directed by Tony Reyes which stars Vic Sotto and Sen. Bong Revilla Jr. This was the union of their famous characters (Agimat and Enteng Kabisote) in one blockbuster movie which grossed a P31M on its opening day. It is followed by a sequel, Si Agimat, si Enteng Kabisote at si Ako.
The movie is a seventh movie installment based on the television sictom, Okay Ka, Fairy Ko!
- Aiza Seguerra as Aiza Kabisote
- Oyo Boy Sotto as Benok Kabisote
- Mikylla Ramirez as Ada Kabisote
- Gwen Zamora as Faye Kabisote
- Sam Pinto as Samara
- Amy Perez as Ina Magenta
- Peque Gallaga as Ermitanyo
- Bing Loyzaga as Satana
- Jeorge Estregan Jr. as Magat
- Benjie Paras as Abugan
- Alex Crisano as Asupre
- Jose Manalo as Jose
- Wally Bayola as Bodyguard Boggart
- Ruby Rodriguez as Amy
- Jillian Ward as Bebeng
- Barbie Forteza as Bratty
- Joshua Dionisio as Jayson
- Marissa Sanchez as Nanay Doray
- Bea Binene as Saling
- Jake Vargas as Odoy
- King Gutierrez as Sartonia
- Saida Diola as Engkantada #1
- Ellen Adarna as Engkantada #2
- Rufa Mae Quinto
- Mang Enriquez
- John Feir
- Marissa Delgado
- Bayani Casimiro Jr.
- Oprah as Baryo People
While the movie opened at #1 on December 25, 2010 with P31,000,000 in ticket sales, it was criticized for being predictable, having sexual innuendos, and having some home-truths as to how Filipino viewers idealize heroism and romance. Also noted is how the film tries to play fair when it comes to mixing the two heroes together.
In an online review, Philbert Ortiz Dy described Si Agimat at si Enteng Kabisote as "really nothing more than a commercial proposition" and that it "took the two highest grossing stars of Filmfests prior and stuffed them together with little rhyme or reason, putting them in the same fantasy adventure settings that made them so successful. There’s precious little love to be found within these frames, all the elements of the film existing for the pure fact that they worked before. This doesn’t even feel like the movie the filmmakers wanted to make."
Although the critical reception was not too good, the movie still ended making P159 million by the end of the festival and went on to have extended showings in theaters.
Si Agimat at Si Enteng Kabisote got two awards at the "Gabi ng Parangal" on December 26, 2010.
|2010||Metro Manila Film Festival||Best Visual Effects||Rico Guttierez||Won|
|Best Make-up Artist||–||Won|
|2011||GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Awards||Box-Office Kings||Vic Sotto and Bong Revilla||Won|
|Most Popular Film Director||Tony Y. Reyes (with Wenn Deramas)||Won|
- "Si Agimat at si Enteng Kabisote – INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos". inquirer.net.
- "Si Agimat at si Enteng Kabisote is topgrosser of 36th MMFF with P159 million". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved January 7, 2011.
- "A humble epilogue "To Never Forget" – II (An Ode to Friendship)". philstar.com.
- Philbert Ortiz Dy. "Si Agimat at si Enteng Kabisote Movie Review – The Odd Couple". ClickTheCity.com.
- "Metro Manila Film Festival:2010". IMDB. Retrieved 2014-04-09.
- "42nd Box-Office Entertainment Awards honors outstanding actors and actresses of 2010". Pep.ph. Retrieved 2014-05-21.