Siay, Zamboanga Sibugay
|Municipality of Siay|
Map of Zamboanga Sibugay with Siay highlighted
|Region||Zamboanga Peninsula (Region IX)|
|Founded||December 28, 1956|
|Barangays||29 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Jarvis M. Acosta|
|• Vice Mayor||Gerald M. Acosta|
|• Electorate||21,910 voters (2016)|
|• Total||313.66 km2 (121.10 sq mi)|
|• Density||130/km2 (340/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)62|
|Climate type||Tropical climate|
|Income class||2nd municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||123,353,094.76 (2016)|
|Native languages: Cebuano, Chavacano, & Ilonggo||Subanon language|
The Municipality of Siay is Located in the 2nd District and Eastern part of the Province of Zamboanga Sibugay. It is thirty eight (38) kilometers from Ipil, Two Hundred twenty (220) kilometers to Dipolog City and (180) Kilometers East to Zamboanga City. It is geographically situated within a map coordination of 741 east & 122* 53*west.
Siay is bounded from the north by the municipality of Diplahan, south by the Sibuguey Bay, West by the Municipality of Kabasalan and East by the Municipality of Imelda.
Land Area: 31,366 hectares (DENR)
Total No of Barangays: 29
Location: Siay is 38 kilometers away from Ipil, the capital town of Zamboanga Sibugay Province, and 120 kilometers away from Pagadian City
1) Agricultural (57.83% of the entire area of the municipality is utilized for agricultural purposes.)
2) Commercial and Service Centers
Substantive Products – Calamansi (Kalamansi)
Significant Tribe - Subanen
Dialect Spoken - Cebuano, Chavacano (Influenced by Spanish language) & Ilonggo
Major Industries- Calamansi, Raw Rubber, Dried Fish, Sea Products and Rice Production
Cultural Tribe - Subanen & Islam
Major Religion - Roman Catholic
Siay, the Calamansi Producer of Zamboanga Sibugay
Main Sources of Income: Agriculture, Fishery, Commerce and Trade are the main sources of income of the people.
Siay is politically subdivided into 29 barangays.
- Bataan (Dacanay)
- Kimos (Kima)
- Princesa Sumama
- San Isidro
|Population census of Siay|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Zamboanga Sibugay". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Zamboanga Sibugay". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
|This article about a location in Zamboanga Peninsula region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|