Siberian Business Union
|Founded||12 August 2004|
Number of employees
|38,300 (January 2011)|
Siberian Business Union (SBU) (Russian: Сибирский деловой союз, or Sibirskiy Delovoy Souz (SDS)) is a Russian holding company based in Kemerovo in Siberia. Its companies are active in coal mining, railway transportation, chemicals, machine building and radio stations. SBU is linked with Vladimir Putin's United Russia party.
Details and activities
The largest shareholder in SBU is the Russian billionaire Vladimir Gridin and his sons. Gridin is also a politician in the United Russia party. The SBU head office is located at Kemerovo in Siberia.
Its subsidiaries are involved in coal mining, railway transportation, chemicals, machine building and radio stations. SBU is Russia's third-largest producer of coal for power stations SBU was a partner with Kuzbassrazrezugol in plans to build a coal export port in the Barents Sea, but withdrew in 2013.
SBU obtained 25% of European Media Group, one of Russia's biggest radio networks, which includes Europa Plus, after Lagardère sold it for $162 million in 2011 after changes to Russian media ownership regulations. SBU intended to increase their ownership to 100%.
- "Information". Siberian Business Union. Archived from the original on 2013-05-16. Retrieved 2013-04-20.
- "Vladimir Gridin & family". Forbes. Retrieved 2013-05-21.
- Yuliya Fedorinova & Ilya Khrennikov (2011-12-21). "Sibur to Sell Fertilizer Assets to Siberian Business Union". Bloomberg L.P.
- "Russia plans coal port in Barents Sea -Lavna head". Reuters. 2010-10-11.
- "Summer updates". Barentsnova. 2013-07-29.
- "Lagardère vend ses radios russes à l'oligarque Vladimir Gridin" (in French). La Tribune. Retrieved 2013-05-21.
- "Echo of Soviet era in Putin's bid for votes". The Australian. 2011-06-17.