Sibling Rivalry (film)
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Carl Reiner|
|Produced by||Liz Glotzer|
|Written by||Martha Goldhirsh|
|Music by||Jack Elliott|
|Edited by||Bud Molin|
Castle Rock Entertainment
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures|
|Box office||$17,854,930 (USA)|
Marjorie Turner has been married for eight years and is tired of her husband Harry's neglect and his snooty relatives, most of them doctors. One day her sister, Jeanine, urges her to break out of her rut and have a fling.
At a grocery store, Marjorie allows herself to be picked up for a quick sexual tryst. Unfortunately, her lover dies during the act. Even more unfortunately, the dead man turns out to be Harry's long-absent brother.
Complications ensue, some of them involving a blinds salesman -- not a blind one, but a man who sells vertical blinds -- named Meany who feels responsible for the man's death, as well as Meany's brother, a police officer investigating the case.
- Kirstie Alley as Marjorie Turner
- Jami Gertz as Jeanine, Marjorie's sister
- Bill Pullman as Nicholas Meany
- Ed O'Neill as Wilbur Meany, Nicholas's brother
- Carrie Fisher as Iris Turner-Hunter, Harry's sister
- Scott Bakula as Harry Turner, Marjorie's husband
- Frances Sternhagen as Rose Turner, Harry's mother
- John Randolph as Charles Turner, Sr., Harry's father
- Sam Elliott as Charles Turner, Jr., Harry's brother
Principal photography began on April 16, 1990 & ended on June 21, 1990. Filming took place in and Los Angeles & Marin County, California. Interior scenes were filmed on set at Warner Bros Studios.
Sibling Rivalry was released on October 26, 1990 in 1,448 theatres. It opened at #2 at the box office, grossing $4 million in its opening weekend. It stayed at #2 in its second weekend grossing $8.424.402. After three months in theatres, the film went on to gross $17,854,933 in its theatrical run.
The film has received negative reviews from critics and has a 22% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
- Sibling Rivalry on IMDb
- Sibling Rivalry at AllMovie
- Sibling Rivalry at Rotten Tomatoes
- Sibling Rivalry at Box Office Mojo
|This film article about a 1990s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|