Sickles High School
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Walter L. Sickles High School|
|7950 Gunn Highway
Tampa, Florida 33626
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Hillsborough County Public Schools|
|Enrollment||2,085 (Fall 2012)|
|Color(s)||Green, grey, and white
|Song||"Stand Up and Cheer"|
|Rivals||Alonso High School
Gaither High School
Steinbrenner High School
Walter L. Sickles High School is a public high school in Tampa, Florida, United States. It was constructed in 1997, it was named for the superintendent of Hillsborough County Public Schools from 1989 to 1996.
The school sponsors interscholastic teams for boys and girls in basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, swimming, tennis, and track & field. Young women may also compete in cheerleading, flag football, softball, and volleyball. Young men may also compete in baseball, football, Ice Hockey, and wrestling.
- Sickles HS information page at Hillsorough County Schools; accessed 16 May 2009 Archived November 29, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- staff. "Fall 2012 FHSAA member school student population report". FHSAA.org. FHSAA. Retrieved 9 August 2014.
- Sickles HS Administrative directory; accessed 29 May 2012
- Sickles HS Staff Directory; accessed 29 May 2012
- "Superintendents in the Hillsborough County School District" (PDF). Hillsborough County School District - Organization & Management. Florida Legislature's Office of Policy Analysis and Government Accountability. 2001. pp. 4–23. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- 2011-12 School Report Card for Sickles HS; Florida Department of Education; accessed 16 May 2009
- 2007-08 School Accountability Report for Sickles HS; Florida Department of Education; accessed 16 May 2009