|Full name||Siddarth Kaul|
19 May 1990 |
|Batting style||Right handed|
|Bowling style||Right-arm medium|
|Relations||Tej Kaul (father)
Uday Kaul (brother)
|Domestic team information|
|2007–present||Punjab (squad no. Delhi Daredevils)|
|Only First-class||17 December 2007 Punjab v Orissa|
Source: CricketArchive, 11 March 2008
Siddarth Kaul (born 19 May 1990), also spelt Siddharth Kaul, is an Indian-Canadian cricketer. A medium pace bowler, he made his first-class debut for Punjab in 2007. Kaul was a part of the victorious India Under-19s team at the 2008 Under-19 Cricket World Cup and was named as one of the players to be drafted for the Indian Premier League, where he signed for the Kolkata Knight Riders. His brother Uday Kaul also plays first-class cricket for Punjab, and his father Tej Kaul played across three seasons in the 1970s for the Jammu and Kashmir cricket team.
Kaul made his debut for the Punjab cricket team against Orissa in the 2007-08 Ranji Trophy, alongside his brother who was wicket-keeper for the match. He took a five wicket haul in the first innings, and finished with figures of 5/97. He has also made appearances for the Punjab youth teams, at Under-15, Under-17 and Under-19 levels.
Indian Premier League
For the Indian Premier League's inaugural season, a number of members of the victorious India Under-19s team from the 2008 Under-19 Cricket World Cup and other specified youngsters were named as players to be drafted by teams in the Indian Premier League, whilst other youth players would have to be chosen to play for their local teams. Kaul was chosen by the Kolkata Knight Riders, based in Kolkata, West Bengal, and captained by Sourav Ganguly.
Youth international career
Kaul was named in the squad for the India U-19s team for the 2008 Under-19 World Cup in Malaysia. He played in all of India's matches as they proceeded to the final, where they defeated the South African U-19 cricket team by 12 runs (adjusted by the DL method). He took 10 wickets at an average of 15.40, putting him joint tenth on the list of highest wicket-takers for the tournament.
- "Punjab v Orissa in 2007/08". CricketArchive. 2007-12-20. Retrieved 2008-03-12.
- "Other matches played by Siddharth Kaul". CricketArchive. Retrieved 2008-03-11.
- Sriram Veera (2008-03-10). "Draft system for Under-19 players". Cricinfo. Retrieved 2008-03-11.
- "Hopes the biggest draw in low-profile auction". Cricinfo. 2008-03-11. Retrieved 2008-03-11.
- "Final: India Under-19s v South Africa Under-19s at Kuala Lumpur, Mar 2, 2008". Cricinfo. 2008-03-02. Retrieved 2008-03-11.
- "ICC Under-19 World Cup, 2007/08 - Most wickets". Cricinfo. Retrieved 2008-03-11.