||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Screenshot of Siddharth from film Baazigar
19 July 1963|
|Died||8 March 2004(aged 40)|
|Other names||Sushant Ray|
Siddharth Ray (19 July 1963 – 8 March 2004), born Sushant Ray, was a Bollywood film actor. In 1992, he debuted with Vansh, the remake of Mani Ratnam's Agni Natchathiram. His other films are Ganga Ka Vachan, Tilak, and Military Raaj. He also starred in Baazigar along with Shahrukh Khan. He married actress Shantipriya. Siddharth died of a massive heart attack, leaving behind two kids. Siddharth Ray is the grandson of V. Shantaram.
He was known as Sushant Ray in Marathi film industry and acted in commercially successful movies such as Ashi Hi Banwa Banwi with noteworthy Marathi actors such as Laxmikant Berde, Ashok Saraf and Sachin.
Sushant's debut film was Thodisi Bewafaii in 1980 where he appeared opposite Padmini Kolhapure, though before this he had acted as a child artist in film Chaani directed by his grandfather V. Shantaram. As an adult he appeared in several films in the 1990s such as Vansh (1992), Parwane (1993), Baazigar (1993), Pehchaan (1993) etc. His last film was Charas: A Joint Operation, released the year of his death in 2004.
- 2004 Charas: A Joint Operation
- 2002 Jaani Dushman: Ek Anokhi Kahani
- 2002 Pitaah
- 2000 Bichhoo
- 1998 Military Raaj
- 1993 Baazigar
- 1993 Parwane
- 1993 Khoon Ka Sindoor
- 1993 Pehchaan
- 1992 Yudhpath
- 1992 Vansh
- 1992 Ganga Ka Vachan
- 1992 Tilak
- 1992 Panaah
- 1989 Balache Baap Brahmachari
- 1988 Ashi Hi Banwa Banwi
- 1980 Thodisi Bewafaii
- 1982 Matli King
- "Agni Natchathiram to be remade". timesofindia. Retrieved 25 May 2012.
- "Top 10 Bollywood Celebrities Who Died Young". listcrux. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- "Siddharth Ray Video-Celebrity Interview and Paparazzi". ovguide. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
- "Siddharth Ray Films". bollywoodhungama. Retrieved 20 November 2015.
|This article about an Indian film actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|