|Type of business||Online media|
Type of site
|Video Portal / Entertainment Fansite|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, U.S.|
|Parent||All Media Network|
|Slogan(s)||The smart way to find, track and watch shows online.|
|Alexa rank||4,741 (August 2016[update])|
|Launched||February 24, 2007|
SideReel is a website that offers users the ability to search for television shows, track them and watch full episodes online. It is a TV community site with user discussions, reviews, and news. SideReel acts as a medium, connecting users to content centered on the shows that interest them and organizing the information around those shows.
To compile a comprehensive list of television shows and movies and aggregate content for them. SideReel is a site that provides links to view full episodes online, as well as a forum to discuss and review TV shows and movies.
This site allows users to actively participate in the functioning of the site—requesting augments, updates, or changes to information they deem necessary. Furthermore, SideReel uses Facebook Connect to foster user participation and a sense of community. Users of Connect can see what shows friends like and share their favorites.
SideReel launched in April 2007 and was featured in CNET's Webware "beta watch" that same month. In 2008 SideReel was chosen by AlwaysOn in their list of OnHollywood 100 Top Private Companies, a list of the top emerging technology companies in the field of digital entertainment and media. As of May 2010, SideReel was ranked as the largest independent TV Property in comScore's Entertainment – TV category.
SideReel was acquired by Rovi Corporation in 2011. In turn, Rovi spun off SideReel, along with AllGame, AllMovie, AllMusic, and Celebified, in July 2013 as All Media Network; the company's owners includes the original founders of SideReel and Ackrell Capital investor Mike Ackrell. Sister-sites include AllMusic.com, AllMovie.com, Celebified.com, and AllGame.com.
- "Sidereel.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2016-08-22.
- "About SideReel". All Media Network. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
© 2014 SideReel, a division of All Media Network, LLC
- Needleman, Rafe (April 27, 2007). "Beta watch: SideReel opens new video wiki". CNET.
- "SideReel Selected by AlwaysOn as an OnHollywood 100" (Press release). free-press-release.com. May 30, 2008.
- "SideReel Ranked #1 Independent TV Property by comScore" (Press release). PRWeb.com. May 26, 2010.
- "Rovi Buys Sidereel, Expands to the Web". Gigaom.com. March 1, 2011.
- "Rovi Corporation Reports Second Quarter 2013 Financial Performance Announces Agreements to Sell Rovi Entertainment Store and Consumer Website Businesses". Rovi. July 21, 2013. Retrieved October 18, 2013.
- "Digital Entertainment Veterans Launch 'All Media Network' to Perfect Digital Media Discovery". BusinessWire. December 3, 2013. Retrieved December 3, 2013.
- Official website
- Matthew Wise (October 10, 2011). "SideReel – Zach Larson (video interview and transcript)". FounderLY.