Sidney G. Winter
|Sidney G. Winter|
Iowa City, Iowa, U.S.
|Information at IDEAS / RePEc|
Sidney Graham Winter (born 1935, Iowa City, Iowa) is a US economist and Professor Emeritus of Management at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, USA. He is recognized as one of the leading figures in the revival of evolutionary economics.
In 1982, he co-published with Richard R. Nelson An Evolutionary Theory of Economic Change, a book which has since been cited nearly 25,000 times. Winter was Chief Economist of the US General Accounting Office (1989-1993). He won the Viipuri Prize for Strategic Management in 2008.
- An Evolutionary Theory of Economic Change, 1982, ISBN 0-674-27228-5
- Patents and Welfare in an Evolutionary Model., 1993
- Founding Co-editor of Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization (with R. H. Day)
- Faculty profile at University of Pennsylvania web site
- Charles Cooper Memorial Lecture at UNU-MERIT web site.
|This biography of an American economist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|