|Full name||Sidy Koné|
|Date of birth||6 June 1992|
|Place of birth||Bamako, Mali|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|2007–2010||Jeanne D'Arc Bamako|
|2013||→Caen II (loan)||9||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 7 May 2015.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 26 August 2011
Sidy Koné (born 6 June 1992, in Bamako), also known as Sidi Koné, is a Malian football player who currently plays free agent. He plays as a defensive midfielder and has been compared to Malian national team captain Mahamadou Diarra by Lyon's special advisor Bernard Lacombe.
Koné joined Lyon in 2010 after playing for Jeanne D'Arc Bamako in his home country. He spent the 2010–11 season playing on the club's reserve team in the Championnat de France amateur, the fourth level of French football. He appeared in 13 matches scoring one goal as the team won the league's reserves' title. Ahead of the 2011–12 season, Koné was promoted to the senior team permanently by new manager Rémi Garde and was assigned the number 22 shirt. He made his professional debut on 20 August 2011 in a 1–1 league draw with Brest. In the match, Koné received his first professional red card.
Koné is a former Mali youth international. He played at under-20 level participating in qualification matches for the 2011 African Youth Championship and the tournament itself. Despite helping the team to a fourth-place finish at the competition, Koné was not included in the team for the 2011 FIFA U-20 World Cup. On 4 August 2011, he was called up to the senior team for the first time for a friendly match against Tunisia. Koné earned his first cap in the match, which ended in a 4–2 defeat, appearing as a second-half substitute for Sambou Yatabaré.
(Correct as of 26 August 2011)
|Club||Season||League||Cup[nb 1]||Europe[nb 2]||Total|
- (Correct as of 25 August 2011)
- "Sidi Koné milieu défensif: "Djilla est très respecté à Lyon et je bénéfice aussi de l'image qu'il laissé la bas. A moi aussi d'être à la hauteur de son parcours"" (in French). Ouest-France. 10 August 2011. Retrieved 26 August 2011.
- "France - Lyon: Pas de pression pour Koné" (in French). Afrik11. 23 July 2011. Retrieved 26 August 2011.
- "Brest v. Lyon Match Report" (in French). Ligue de Football Professionnel. 20 August 2011. Retrieved 26 August 2011.
- "Mali U-20 continue AYC preparations at home". Confederation of African Football. 7 April 2011. Retrieved 26 August 2011.
- "Barcelona's Seydou Keita out of Mali squad for Tunisia friendly". The Nigerian Daily. 4 August 2011. Retrieved 26 August 2011.
- "Match amical Tunisie-Mali" (in French). Mali Football. 10 August 2011. Retrieved 26 August 2011.