This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Software & Programming|
|Fate||Acquired by Oracle|
|Headquarters||San Mateo, California, United States|
Thomas Siebel, CEO|
Patricia House, VP marketing
|Revenue||$1.340 bln (2004)|
|$0.129 bln (2004)|
|$0.111 bln (2004)|
Number of employees
Siebel CRM Systems, Inc. was a software company principally engaged in the design, development, marketing, and support of customer relationship management (CRM) applications. The company was founded by Thomas Siebel and Patricia House in 1993. At first known mainly for its sales force automation products, the company expanded into the broader CRM market. By the late 1990s, Siebel Systems was the dominant CRM vendor, peaking at 45% market share in 2002.
The CRM software development environment is known as Siebel Developer and those skilled in such are known as Siebel Consultants.
Siebel Systems, Inc. began in sales force automation software, then expanded into marketing and customer service applications, including CRM. From the time it was founded in 1993, the company grew quickly. Benefiting from the explosive growth of the CRM market in the late 1990s, Siebel Systems was named the fastest growing company in the United States in 1999 by Fortune magazine.
- 1993: Siebel Systems, Inc. is founded by Thomas Siebel and Patricia House.
- 1995: Siebel delivers Siebel Sales Enterprise software for sales force automation.
- 1995: Siebel 2.0 (Release end of 1995)
- Siebel Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Siebel Sales Enterprise
- 1996: Siebel becomes a publicly traded company.
- 1997: Siebel 3.0 (Release Feb 1997)
- 1998: Siebel 98
- 1999: Siebel 99
- 2000: Siebel 6 (also known as Siebel 2000)
- 2000: Revenue surpasses the $1 billion mark.
- 2001: Siebel 7.0 (Released 2001, was the first web-based version)
- 2002: Siebel 7.5 (Released in 2002)
- 2004: Siebel 7.7 (Released in 2004)
- 2005: Siebel 7.8 (Released in 2005)
- 2006: Oracle acquires Siebel Systems.
- 2007: Oracle Siebel 8.0 (Released in 2007)
- 2007: Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition Plus (released 2007)
- 2007: Oracle Business Intelligence Applications (Formerly Siebel Analytics) (released 2007)
- 2008: Oracle Siebel 8.1 (Released in 2008)
- 2011: Oracle Siebel 8.2 (Released in 2011)
- Oracle Sales Cloud
- Oracle Fusion CRM
- Oracle CRM On Demand
- 2014: e-Up, an Oracle Gold Partner, launches e-Tools in the market
- 2015: Oracle Siebel 15.0 (Released 11 May 2015)
- 2016: Oracle Siebel 16.0 (Released 29 Apr 2016)
- 2017: Oracle Siebel 17.0 (Released 31 Jul 2017)