Siegel, is a German surname it can be traced to 12th century Bavaria and was used by people who made wax seals for or sealed official documents (a Siegelbeamter). Alternate spellings include Sigel, Sigl, Siegl, and others. "Siegel" is also the modern German word for seal. The surname may derive from Sigel, referring to Sól (Sun), the goddess of the sun in Germanic mythology (Siȝel or sigel in Old English / Anglo-Saxon).
Variants may include Sigl and Sigel.
- Bugsy Siegel (1906–1947), American mobster
- Carl Ludwig Siegel (1896–1981), German mathematician
- David Siegel (disambiguation)
- Denise Siegel
- Jerry Siegel (1914–1996), one of the creators of Superman
- Mark Siegel (born 1967), graphic novel author and publisher
- Max Siegel
- Sol C. Siegel, (1903–1982), American reporter and film producer
- Stephen Siegel (born 1944), Chairman of CB Richard Ellis
- Steven Siegel (born 1953), American sculptor