|Born||7 June 1898
Burg an der Wupper
|Died||14 December 1987
|Allegiance|| German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1916–45|
|Commands held||170. Infanterie-Division|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Siegfried Haß (7 June 1898 – 14 December 1987) was a highly decorated Generalleutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II who commanded several divisions. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Siegfried Haß was captured by British troops in May 1945 and was held until July 1947.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class
- Wound Badge (1914)
- in Black
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class
- 1st Class
- German Cross in Gold (12 September 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 18 February 1945 as Generalleutnant and commander of 170. Infanterie-Division 
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 178.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) . Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 — Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Militaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- World War 2 Awards.com
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht
- Siegfried Haß @ Axis Biographical Research at the Wayback Machine (archived November 16, 2010)
Generalmajor Franz Griesbach
|Commander of 170. Infanterie-Division
16 February 1944 – 8 May 1945