Siemens Inspiro on M2 line of Warsaw Metro
Interior of Inspiro for Riyadh Metro.
|Formation||2–8 cars trainsets|
|Capacity||174 seats |
1,554 seating and standing
|Operator(s)|| Warsaw Metro|
Bangkok BTS & MRT
|Car length||approx. 89,560 mm|
|Width||3.1 m (10 ft) (across door leaves)|
|Height||1.1 m (3 ft 7 in) (Floor height)|
|Maximum speed||Design: 100 km/h (62 mph)|
Operation: 80 km/h (50 mph)
|Electric system(s)||750 V third rail|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
The Siemens Inspiro is an electric multiple unit designed and manufactured by Siemens Transportation Systems since 2012 for metro systems. The product was launched on 19 September 2012 at the InnoTrans in Berlin. The first Inspiro entered service with Warsaw Metro on 6 October 2013.
In October 2009, Siemens Mobility started development on a new subway product family. It collaborated with DesignworksUSA on design aspects. The company based its design on Mo.Mo vehicles previously produced for Vienna, Prague, Oslo and Nuremberg.
Metros using Siemens Inspiro technology
Siemens were awarded a contract worth £1.5bn for 94 new rolling stock based on the Inspiro to replace existing stock used on Piccadilly line. The first of the type is expected to enter service in 2024.
Class C for Munich U-Bahn U3 & U6 in service 6-car trainsets configuration.
Warsaw Metro train at Kabaty depot.
BTS Skytrain EMU A-2 train at Bangpoo Depot, Samut Prakan Province
MRT Blue Line EMU-BLE new rolling stock
Riyadh Metro Blue Line rolling stock.
Sofia Metro new rolling stock.
- "Warszawa metro selects Siemens Inspiro". Railway Gazette. 15 October 2010. Retrieved 14 May 2015.
- "Inspiro Metro Trains, Metro Warszawskie, Warsaw, Poland". railway-technology.com.
- "Siemens Inspiro Metro". bmwgroupdesignworks.com.
- "Siemens to supply Inspiro trains for the Riyadh metro". railwaygazette.com.
- "Siemens to supply 74 Inspiro metros to Riyadh". globalrailnews.com.
- "Siemens bags £1.5bn contract to build new generation Tube trains | Global Rail News". Global Rail News. 2018-06-15. Retrieved 2018-06-15.
- Newag and Siemens present first Sofia Line 3 metro train
- Siemens i Newag z umową na Inspiro dla Sofii