Siesta Key (TV series)
|Opening theme||"Cut to the Feeling" by Carly Rae Jepsen|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||18 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||42 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Entertainment One Television|
|Original release||July 31, 2017– present|
Siesta Key is an American reality television series created by Mark Ford and Warren Skeels. The series stars Alex Kompothecras, Brandon Gomes, Chloe Trautman, Garrett Miller, Juliette Porter, Kelsey Owens, and Madisson Hausburg. The tv show goes through the scandalous love along with heartbreak and drama between the group as one gets dragged into watching their spontaneous, lavish life style. The young group of adults tend to live a crazy life that most people wish they could have. The series premiered on MTV on July 31, 2017.
On October 2, 2017, MTV ordered eight more episodes bringing the first season to a total of 18 episodes. The episodes premiered on January 15, 2018.
- Alex Kompothecras
- Kelsey Owens
- Garrett Miller
- Juliette Porter
- Brandon Gomes
- Madisson Hausburg
- Chloe Trautman
- Pauly Apostolides aka Pauly Paul
- Paige Hausburg
- Tarik Jenkins
- Canvas Brummel
- Carson Wall
- Hannah Starr
|No.||Title||Original air date||U.S. viewers|
|1||"Romeo and Juliette"||July 31, 2017||0.674|
|Siesta Key’s biggest heartthrob Alex finds himself torn between the choosing of his high school sweetheart Madisson or his last summer fling, Juliette.|
|2||"We Need to Talk About Chloe"||August 7, 2017||0.610|
|Chloe has an unexpected turn taken around her when one of her best friends steals her crush, Brandon. However, little did they know, neither of them would last for long.|
|3||"Kelsey's New Crew"||August 14, 2017||0.566|
|Siesta’s newest couple Garrett and Kelsey’s relationship gets tested when Alex tries to make a move on his girl. Kelsey accepts with open arms, causing her to question her relationship with Garrett. Chloe takes actions upon herself to try to fix her anger and destructive behavior.|
|4||"Alex's Kingdom"||August 21, 2017||0.438|
|After a one-time thing with Amanda, Alex is unsure if he should tell Juliette. Kelsey and Garrett grow farther apart just in time for Alex to slip in and steal Garett’s girl. Madisson is over the Alex drama and begins to catch feels for Brandon.. Alex’s best friend.|
|5||"Madisson's Avenues"||August 28, 2017||0.543|
|Alex and Kelsey start to spice things up in the hot tub at Alex’s leaving Garrett unsure of what to believe or do. A little fire begins between Brandon and Madisson, and Chloe is still unsure about where her and Amanda stand in their friendship after all the drama.|
|6||"Juliette's Bahama Drama"||September 4, 2017||0.602|
|The group takes a little vacation to Bimini, yet Juliette cannot help but feel jealous when she see’s Kelsey and Alex together has they become a little less secretive. Brandon and Madison are growing hotter and hotter the more they are together.|
|7||"Messy Messy Kelsey"||September 11, 2017||0.536|
|Kelsey keeps complicating things between Alex and Garrett just as Juliette is threw with feeling like the second option. Chloe decides to distance herself a bit. Madisson is proposed with an offer from an old love, leaving her wondering about Brandon and if they would actually work.|
|8||"Garrett Gets a Girl"||September 18, 2017||0.648|
|Chloe throws a huge celebration at her new house, and things get heated with Juliette and Garrett. Switch of relationships? Pauly spends a night in jail after Chloe doesn’t invite some of the group to her party trying to avoid drama.|
|9||"Chloe at a Crossroads"||September 25, 2017||0.598|
|Juliette and Garrett grow closer as Alex begins to pull away from Kelsey, leaving her stunned wondering if she made the right choice. Alex tries to fix his friendship with Chloe after their falling out while Madisson and Brandon begin their relationship at a new level.|
|10||"Juliette's Midsummer Dream"||October 2, 2017||0.520|
|What Juliette thought was only to make Alex and Kelsey jealous starts to turn into more than that. Alex confronts one of the girls as he realized he lost one of the best things he has ever had.. but it is not Juliette.|
|11||"Much Ado About Juliette"||January 15, 2018||0.612|
|A new girl comes into the picture, leaving Brandon not being a good boyfriend, or so we think. Flirty Canvas could care less about Madisson and strictly is all about her. Alex gets into a bad fight that leaves his jaw wired shut. Juliette discovers some new information causing her to throw a seen after hearing it.|
|12||"Chloe's Birthday Battle Royale"||January 22, 2018||0.622|
|After finally having enough Madisson confronts the boyfrined—flirting Canvas at Chloe’s birthday party. Garrett cannot seem to get Kelsey off his mind sending Juliette right back to the familiarity of Alex again.|
|13||"Juliette, Interrupted"||January 29, 2018||0.622|
|Madisson and Brandon try to rekindle their relationship as Juliette heads happily back to school being back with Alex. The emotion changes quick when Alex surprise visits her causing some drama between Juliette and her bff Hannah.|
|14||"Kelsey's Reality Bites"||February 5, 2018||0.594|
|Finally it has come out about Juliette and Alex. While both Kelsey and Madisson take a journey to NYC for some interviews, Brandon is not being the boyfriend Madisson thought she left back in Siesta. This night forever changed their relationship.|
|15||"Nightmare on Bradisson Street"||February 12, 2018||0.596|
|Juliette tries to come back into the group and Kelsey and Garrett are discussing working on things. Brandon tries to hide his mistakes as Chloe and Canvas will not let it ease until they know the truth.|
|16||"Take a Paige from Canvas"||February 19, 2018||0.554|
|After a charity event, Garrett meets a new girl taking the attention back off Kelsey just as she thought she was winning him back. Hannah and Juliette continue to fight over Alex, of course. A new love romance as sparked although Madisson will not be happy about it.|
|17||"Alex Won't Kompomise"||February 26, 2018||0.487|
|After breaking the news to Madisson, her sister Paige and boyfriend-flirting Canvas are slowly starting to spend more time together. Madisson brings over her new interest and Brandon is not happy to see them. Alex and Hannah keep butting heads making Juliette choose between the boy or her best friend.|
|18||"Juliette's Great Expectations"||March 5, 2018||0.544|
|Brandon puts everything into the last try of getting Madisson back, while Kelsey finally tells Garrett exactly how she feels yet the result may not have been the one she wanted. Juliette and Alex have a fight leaving us wondering what their fate would be after Season.|
Controversy and criticism
The series was controversial prior to airing, due to star Alex Kompothecras being a friend of four Florida men who engaged in a viral act of animal cruelty by dragging a live shark behind a boat. Kompothecras was caught on camera shooting a shark, and also had uploaded racist posts to Instagram. Fellow reality tv stars, including Vanderpump Rules's Lala Kent and Jayde Nicole from The Hills both petitioned against the show. The premiere party was cancelled after death threats ensued against the cast.
- "Siesta Key (MTV)". The Futon Critic. Retrieved March 1, 2018.
- "MTV Siesta Key Review: Hard Bodies, Soft Minds". Time.com. 2017-08-01. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- Jon Caramanica (2017-07-30). "Review: 'Siesta Key' Returns to Reality Television's Awkward Youth". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- Andreeva, Nellie (2017-10-02). "'Siesta Key': MTV Orders More Episodes Of Summer Reality Series". Deadline. Retrieved 2017-12-19.
- Clear, Marty (July 11, 2017). "Cast of 'Siesta Key' gets set to show off their town to the world". Bradenton Herald. Retrieved February 13, 2018.
- Geurts, Jimmy (January 16, 2018). "Review: MTV's 'Siesta Key' returns with new arrivals, same drama". Herald-Tribune. Retrieved January 24, 2018.
- Hausburg, Paige. "web_paige". Paige Hausburg. Retrieved February 13, 2018.
- Jenkins, Tarik. "garra12". Tarik Jenkins. Retrieved January 24, 2018.
- Shrayber, Mark (January 16, 2018). "Siesta Key Newbie Canvas Talks About Joining the Show and Instantly Attracting Haters". Cosmopolitan Magazine. Retrieved January 24, 2018.
- Clear, Marty (February 5, 2018). "Meet Canvas, the new girl you love to hate on 'Siesta Key'". Bradenton Herald. Retrieved February 13, 2018.
- Wall, Carson. "carsonwall_". Carson Wall. Retrieved February 7, 2018.
- Starr, Hannah. "hannah_starr". Hannah Starr. Retrieved February 13, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (2017-08-01). "Monday cable ratings: 'Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood' leads, 'WWE Raw' holds steady". Tvbythenumbers. Retrieved 2017-08-07.
- Welch, Alex (2017-08-08). "Monday cable ratings: 'Preacher' dips, 'Real Housewives of Orange County' holds steady". Tvbythenumbers. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- Welch, Alex (2017-08-15). "Monday cable ratings: 'WWE Raw' and Basketball Wives' tick up". Tvbythenumbers. Retrieved 2017-08-21.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 8.21.2017". Showbuzz Daily. 2017-08-22. Retrieved 2017-08-31.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 8.28.2017". Showbuzz Daily. 2017-08-29. Retrieved 2017-09-06.
- Welch, Alex (2017-09-06). "Monday cable ratings: 'WWE Raw' dips, 'Preacher' holds steady". Tvbythenumbers. Retrieved 2017-09-10.
- Porter, Rick (2017-09-14). "Monday cable ratings: 'Monday Night Football' opens lower". Tvbythenumbers. Retrieved 2017-09-19.
- Welch, Alex (2017-09-19). "Monday cable ratings: Monday Night Football ticks up, 'WWE Raw' holds steady". Tvbythenumbers. Retrieved 2017-09-26.
- Welch, Alex (2017-09-26). "Monday cable ratings: 'Monday Night Football' rises, 'Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood' ticks up". Tvbythenumbers. Retrieved 2017-10-03.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 10.2.2017". Showbuzz Daily. 2017-10-03. Retrieved 2017-10-09.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 1.15.2018". Showbuzz Daily. 2018-01-17. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 1.22.2018". Showbuzz Daily. 2018-01-23. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 1.29.2018". Showbuzz Daily. 2018-01-30. Retrieved 2018-02-13.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 2.5.2018". Showbuzz Daily. 2018-02-06. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 2.12.2018". Showbuzz Daily. 2018-02-13. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 2.19.2018". Showbuzz Daily. 2018-02-21. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 2.26.2018". Showbuzz Daily. 2018-02-27. Retrieved 2018-02-27.
- "UPDATED: SHOWBUZZDAILY's Top 150 Monday Cable Originals & Network Finals: 3.D.2018". Showbuzz Daily. 2018-03-06. Retrieved 2018-03-06.
- "Investigation launched after new shark abuse video emerges". Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- Wolf, Colin. "The deleted Instagram posts from the cast of MTV's 'Siesta Key' are somehow worse than the show". Orlando Weekly. Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- "Here's How To Find The Entire Siesta Key Cast On Instagram". Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- "Premiere Party for MTV's Siesta Key Canceled After Alleged Death Threats". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2018-03-15.