Sifton Park, Edmonton
|• Administrative body||Edmonton City Council|
|• Councillor||Ed Gibbons|
|• Total||0.5 km2 (0.2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||654 m (2,146 ft)|
|• Density||4,578/km2 (11,860/sq mi)|
|• Change (2009–12)||-3.2%|
The neighbourhood is bounded on the north by 137 Avenue, on the west by 50 Street, and on the east by 40 Street. To the south the neighbourhood backs onto Kennedale Ravine.
In the City of Edmonton's 2012 municipal census, Sifton Park had a population of  a -3.2% change from its 2009 population of 2,364. With a land area of 0.5 km2 (0.19 sq mi), it had a population density of 4,578 people/km2 in 2012.2,289 living in 935 dwellings,
According to the 2001 federal census, four out of five (78.8%) of all residences were constructed during the 1970s. Most of the remaining residences were built during the 1960s (8.8%) and the early 1980s (10%).
The most common type of residence in the neighbourhood, according to the 2005 municipal census, is the rented apartment. Apartments in low-rise buildings with fewer than five stories account for just under half (47%) of all residences in the neighbourhood. Single-family dwellings account for another one residence in three (32%). One in ten residences (10%) are row houses and one in ten residences (9%) are duplexes. A small number of residences (3%) are classified as other kinds of residence. Three out of five residences (59%) are rented and only two out of every five residences are owner-occupied.
The population of the neighbourhood is fairly mobile. According to the 2005 municipal census, one resident in four (26.3%) had moved within the previous twelve months. Another one resident in four (23.4%) had moved within the previous one to three years. Only two out of every five residents (37.2%) had lived at the same address for five years or longer.
There is a single school in the neighbourhood, Sifton Elementary School, operated by the Edmonton Public School System.
- "City of Edmonton Wards & Standard Neighbourhoods" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 3, 2014. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Edmonton Developing and Planned Neighbourhoods, 2011" (PDF). City of Edmonton. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 4, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "The Way We Grow: Municipal Development Plan Bylaw 15100" (PDF). City of Edmonton. 2010-05-26. Archived from the original (PDF) on May 2, 2015. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City of Edmonton Plans in Effect" (PDF). City of Edmonton. November 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 17, 2013. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "City Councillors". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Neighbourhoods (data plus kml file)". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 13, 2013.
- "Municipal Census Results – Edmonton 2012 Census". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- "2009 Municipal Census Results". City of Edmonton. Retrieved February 22, 2013.
- Duplexes include triplexes and fourplexes.