Sigala at Open Beatz Festival 2016
|Birth name||Bruce Fielder|
|Also known as||Sigala|
|Born||1 November 1992|
Norwich, Norfolk, England
|Associated acts||Ella Eyre|
Bruce Fielder (born 1 November 1992), known professionally as Sigala, is an English DJ, record producer and remixer from Norwich, Norfolk. He has had six singles chart in the top 10 of the UK Singles Chart, including his 2015 debut single ‘Easy Love’, which samples ’ABC’ by the Jackson 5 and peaked at number one.
Fielder is based at Tileyard Studios in Kings Cross, London but originally hails from Norfolk. He first got into music at age 8, when he began to play the piano, which he has up to grade 8. He attended Reepham High School and Norwich City College, before graduating with a BA honours degree in commercial music from the University of Westminster.
2015–2018: Breakthrough and Brighter Days
His debut single, "Easy Love", came about after Fielder drank a six-pack of Desperados, a tequila flavoured beer, in sheer tiredness and frustration after being asked to perform a thirty-seventh mix for a popular artist and downloaded an a cappella of the Jackson 5's single "ABC". In an interview with the Official Charts Company, he stated that the record was written on a Sunday evening out of a desire to create music for himself outside of the confines of "somebody asking me to create a song that had a certain sound to it or had to be a certain way".
A music video was commissioned for the song which was set in Los Angeles and features Lucky Aces, a Canadian duo composed of 12-year-olds Lucky and AC, dancing along to it; in the video, after meeting each other, they challenge a number of child gangs. It was directed by Craig Moore, who said of it that he opted to shoot in Los Angeles due to the "pool of talent that would've been hard to find anywhere else" and that his attention was caught by Lucky Aces after spotting them on The Ellen Show. Within a few days, it had been picked up by Ministry of Sound, and the song entered the UK Singles Chart at number 71, based on streams alone. The following week, it reached number one.
Sigala released his third single, "Say You Do", on YouTube on 23 January 2016, and the single was released officially on 18 March 2016. The song features a sample of Mariah Carey's "Always Be My Baby" and DJ Fresh, with vocals from singer Imani.
Sigala was later reported to be working on his debut studio album, revealing later on that his dream collaborations would be Stevie Wonder and Chris Martin. Shortly after this was announced, his next single, "Give Me Your Love", featuring vocals from John Newman and partial production works from Nile Rodgers, was released on 8 April 2016.
On 9 June 2017, Sigala collaborated with English singer-songwriter Ella Eyre for his sixth single "Came Here for Love".
On 24 May 2018, Sigala announced his upcoming debut album Brighter Days, which was released on 28 September 2018. It peaked at number 14 in the UK. A mini-concert tour took place in the United Kingdom and Ireland in support of the album.
Sigala released "Feels Like Home" with English recording artist Fuse ODG and Jamaican rapper Sean Paul, featuring guest vocals from American recording artist Kent Jones on 14 June 2018 as the eighth single. "We Don’t Care" was released on 27 July 2018 with British pop rock band The Vamps as the ninth single off the album.
On 7 September 2018, Sigala released the tenth and final single from the album titled "Just Got Paid" with Ella Eyre and American singer-songwriter Meghan Trainor, featuring American rapper French Montana.
2019–present: New music
- Brighter Days (2018)
- Brighter Days Tour (2018)
- Sigala World Tour (2020)
- "KCFM 99.8, Sigala – Easy Love". Lincs FM Group and Aiir. Archived from the original on 5 March 2016. Retrieved 20 July 2016.
- "Marvin Humes column: A visit from Little Mix and a fresh new take on a Jacksons classic". DigitalSpy.
- "Sigala – Easy Love". Soul2streets.com.
- "Westminster graduate Sigala scores third top 5 hit". University of Westminster. Retrieved 1 November 2019.
- "The kids in Sigala's music video are seriously impressive dancers". DigitalSpy.
- "Sigala". Coda Music Agency Ltd.
- "Hed Kandi Track of the Week: Sigala- Easy Love". Hed Kandi. Archived from the original on 24 September 2015.
- "Sigala interview: Easy Love was the result of a few beers". Official Charts Company.
- "This Week's Fresh Music Top 20". Missing or empty
- "Sigala 'Easy Love' by Craig Moore". Promonews.com.
- Peaks in the UK
- "Sigala is back with a big new club anthem called 'Sweet Lovin'". Digital Spy. 2 October 2015.
- "Sigala announces debut album brighter days October 2018 UK & Republic of Ireland tour". The Arts Desk. 1 June 2018. Retrieved 1 June 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sigala.|