Sigeferth of Selsey
|Bishop of Selsey|
|Term ended||between 747 and 765|
|Died||between 747 and 765|
Sigeferth or Sigefirth or Sicgga, was the third Bishop of Selsey, consecrated in 733 by Tatwine, the Archbishop of Canterbury. Sigeferth was still bishop in 747, when he attended the Synod of Clofesho. His date of death was sometime between 747 and 765.
- Kelly "South Saxons, kings of the (act. 477–772)" Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
- Kelly, Charters of Selsey p. 32
- Fryde, et al. Handbook of British Chronology p. 221
- Fryde, E. B.; Greenway, D. E.; Porter, S.; Roy, I. (1996). Handbook of British Chronology (Third revised ed.). Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-56350-X.
- Kelly, S. E. (2004). "South Saxons, kings of the (act. 477–772)". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/52344. Retrieved 24 November 2007. (subscription or UK public library membership required)
- Kelly, S.E (1998). Charters of Selsey. Anglo-Saxon Charters. Vol. VI. OUP for the British Academy. ISBN 0-19-726175-2.