This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Original author(s)||SK Morgan|
|Developer(s)||Buchanan Computing Ltd|
|Stable release||2.6 / January 2011|
|Available in||English, Welsh|
|Type||Traffic sign design|
Initially created for MS-DOS in the early 1980s as a university project by Simon Morgan, SignPlot 2 (as it is now known) has evolved into a 32-bit Windows application. The degree of inbuilt guidance and intelligence has increased over that time to the extent that it now automates almost all the layout and spacing rules of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions, Traffic Signs Manual Chapter 7, and drawings issued by the Welsh Assembly Government for bilingual signing.
- Road signs in the United Kingdom
- Traffic sign
- Highways Act 1980
- Highway Code
- Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
- Working drawings for traffic signs by the Department for Transport[dead link]
- Department for Transport traffic signs and signals index page.
- The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
- Know Your Traffic Signs, DfT 2007 (PDF 6MB)
- Signs & Markings. Part of the Highway Code website.
- "War to Worboys" - CBRD article detailing the development of Road signs from the Second World War to the present day
- Institute of Highway Incorporated Engineers sign design technical gateway