|Look up signature or signer in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A signature is a hand-written, possibly stylized, version of someone's name, which may be used to confirm the person's identity. The writer of a signature is a signatory or signer.
Signature or signatory may also refer to:
- distinctive, characteristic indicative of identity
- Seal (East Asia) with sometimes a short inscription
- Signature block, text automatically appended at the bottom of an e-mail message, Usenet article, or forum post
- Method signature, in computer programming, especially object-oriented programming, how a method is commonly identified
- Type signature, which defines the inputs and outputs for a function or method
- Blind signature, digital signature in which the content of a message is disguised
- Digital signature (or public-key digital signature), a method for authenticating information
- Digital Signature Algorithm, a United States Federal Government standard
- Electronic signature, a signature imputed to a text via one or more of several electronic means, or cryptographic means to add non-repudiation and message integrity features to a document
- ElGamal signature scheme, based on the difficulty of computing discrete logarithms
- Key signature (cryptography), the result of applying a hash function on a key
- XML Signature, a W3C recommendation that defines an XML syntax
- Signature (logic), in mathematical logic
- Signature (permutation), in mathematics
- Signature of a real symmetric bilinear form
- Signature of a knot, in knot theory
- Prime signature, the multiset of exponents in the prime factorisation of a number
- Key signature, a series of sharp or flat symbols placed on the staff, designating notes that are to be played one semitone higher or lower
- Signature (Moya Brennan album), a 2006 album by Irish musician Moya Brennan
- Signature (Joe album)
- Signature (Patrice Rushen album)
- Signature Records, a mid-20th century United States-based record label
- Signature song, the one song that a popular and well-established artist is identified with
- Time signature, a notational device used to specify how many beats are in each bar and which note value constitutes one beat
- Acoustic signature, a combination of acoustic emissions
- Doctrine of signatures, the notion that the appearance of plants is a function of their celestial influences
- Isotopic signature, a characteristic set of ratios of stable or unstable isotopes
- Metric signature, in physics, refers to the form of a metric tensor: the sign of the diagonal components constitutes its "signature"
- Signature change, in relativity
- Radar cross-section
- Spectral signature, the specific combination of reflected and absorbed electromagnetic (EM) radiation at varying wavelengths which can uniquely identify an object
In other uses:
- Signature bridge, a large bridge that serves as an entrance to a city, or crosses over a main harbor entrance
- Signatory Vintage Scotch Whisky Company, a Scottish company that owns the Edradour distillery
- Signature (whisky), a brand of Indian whisky
- Signature crime, a crime which exhibits characteristics unique to an offender's psychology.
- An alternative word for Gathering (bookbinding)
- Signature mark, a mark at the bottom of a gathering to assist the bookbinder in collation
- Signature, a brand of the clothing company Levi Strauss & Co.
- Signature (charity)/CACDP, Signature is a trading name of the Council for the Advancement of Communication for Deaf People in the UK.
- Signature Digital Menus, a company specializing in the provision of digital menu boards
- Signature (dance group), a British Bhangra act in the 2008 series of the popular British television show Britain's Got Talent
- Signature Books, a publisher of Mormon works
- Signature Place, a residential skyscraper located in St. Petersburg, Florida.
- Signatures Restaurant, a restaurant formerly owned by Washington lobbyist Jack Abramoff
- Signature School, a charter school in Evansville, Indiana spanning grades 9–12
- Signature Theatres, a movie theatre chain in California, Hawaii, and Montana operated by Regal Entertainment Group
- Signature Team, a French motor racing team.
- Signature Flight Support, a British fixed-base operator
- Diabolical signature, in demonology, the signature of a devil, demon or similar spirit, whose purpose is usually to sign away one's soul
- Doctrine of signatures, in Christian European metaphysics
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Signature.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.