This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Business process management|
|Founders||Gero Decker, Torben Schreiter, Nicolas Peters, Willi Tscheschner, Mathias Weske|
Signavio is a vendor of Business Process Management (BPM) software based in Berlin and Silicon Valley. Its main product, the Signavio Process Manager is a web-based business process modeling tool, which was launched in May 2009. The product enables the creation of process diagrams using Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) and is available as Software as a Service (SaaS) and for on-premise installation.
Signavio Process Manager is an application for modeling and simulation of business processes. It has collaboration capabilities to allow stakeholders to share and comment on process models and diagrams. It stores objects in a repository and can share data with multiple process automation platforms. It is available for on-premise installation or as a cloud-based subscription service.
In March 2013, Signavio announced a €1.2m investment in Effektif, a process automation platform and in May 2016 renamed Effektif as Signavio Workflow. Signavio Workflow became Signavio Workflow Accelerator in April 2017.
BPM Academic Initiative
Signavio has sponsored many academic conferences and in 2009 participated in launching an initiative to support teaching and research in the field of Business Process Management.
Prior to Signavio, the founders were involved in development of the world's first web modeler for BPMN at HPI. This technology, known as the "Oryx project", was published under an Open Source license and served as blueprint for the Signavio Process Manager.
Signavio is headquartered in Berlin, Germany. In 2012 the company was incorporated in the United States as Signavio Inc. with an office in Burlington, MA. The company is fully owned by the founders and staff.
- "Effektif: BPM veteran Tom Baeyens takes off to the cloud by securing €1.2m funding by Signavio". Signavio. Retrieved February 9, 2016.
- "Press Release: Effektif Workflow Platform Renamed Signavio Workflow". Signavio. Retrieved May 9, 2016.
- "BPM Academic Initiative". Signavio. Retrieved August 17, 2012.
- "Hasso-Plattner-Institut Alumni Startups". HPI. Retrieved May 2, 2012.
- "Rösler prämiert erfolgreichste IKT-Unternehmensgründungen". BMWi. Jun 20, 2011. Retrieved Apr 17, 2012.
- "Go West: The first six IT start-ups are headed for Silicon Valley from January 2012". BMWi. Nov 14, 2011. Retrieved Apr 17, 2012.