||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
|Headquarters||127 West 26th Street New York, NY 10001|
|No. of locations||NYC, Austin, Denver|
|Area served||Local businesses|
|Founder(s)||Stuart Wall, John Buchanan|
|Products||Local marketing automation|
|Employees||300 (January 2016)|
Signpost is a technology company that develops CRM and marketing automation software for local businesses to build relationships with new and existing customers.
Signpost manages online interactions between businesses and their customers. Their software automates three steps in building customer relationships: online presence management, capturing customer information, and remarketing.
Signpost's online presence management aims to help local businesses to update, verify, and enhance their business information on social and mobile listings such as Google+, Facebook, and Yelp. Their software builds customer profiles by capturing every email, phone call, and credit card transaction. By using the customer data for each contact, the software automatically follows up with each customer in a personalized way encouraging new customers, repeat business, getting five star reviews, and referrals.
The company was founded in 2010 by Stuart Wall and John Buchanan out of Harvard Business School. It has raised $30M in venture funding from Georgian Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, OpenView Venture Partners, Scout Ventures  and a group of angel investors including Jason Calacanis, Thomas Lehrman, and Jack Herrick.
- Messina, Judith"Watch for Signpost up ahead". Crainsnewyork.com. Retrieved 2013-10-09.
- "Signpost". Forbes.com. Retrieved 2015-01-21.
- Roen, Scott"4 NYC Startups Reshaping Small Business".mashable.com. Retrieved 2012-06-24.
- Calnan, Christopher"New York software company to expand Austin operations".bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2014-03-20.
- Davidson, Michael"Marketing Automation Startup Signpost Plans Major Denver Expansio n". Retrieved 2014-02-19.
- "". Statesman.com. Retrieved 2014-11-17.
- "". Crainsnewyork.com. Retrieved 2014-12-05.
- Grant, Rebecca"Signpost helps smaller businesses get more out of online marketing". venturebeat.com. Retrieved 2013-11-19.
- Clancy, Heather"New Signpost service helps drive more sales from existing customers". zdnet.com. Retrieved 2014-02-04.
- Richards, Katie"This Startup Thinks It's Found A Better Way For Businesses To Keep Their Customers". businessinsider.com. Retrieved 2014-09-10.
- Murphy, Tom"A Signpost on the Road to Marketing Automation". cmswire.com. Retrieved 2014-10-29.
- Koetsier, John"For $150/month, this Google-backed startup lets small biz automate marketing like the big boys".Venturebeat.com. Retrieved 2013-10-01.
- Kim, Ryan"Signpost, the AdSense for local business, raises $3.75M".Gigaom.com. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- Ha, Anthony"Signpost Raises $10M To Bring Online Marketing Tools To Small Businesses".techcrunch.com. Retrieved 2013-11-19.