Signpost to Murder
|Signpost to Murder|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||George Englund|
|Produced by||Lawrence Weingarten|
|Screenplay by||Sally Benson|
|Music by||Lyn Murray|
|Edited by||John McSweeney Jr.|
Signpost to Murder is a 1965 American crime film directed by George Englund and written by Sally Benson based on the play by Monte Doyle. The film stars Joanne Woodward, Stuart Whitman, Edward Mulhare, Alan Napier, Joyce Worsley, and Leslie Denison. The film was released on May 19, 1965, by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer.
A man, on the run after killing his wife, takes refuge in the house of a woman who is hiding dark secrets of her own.
- Joanne Woodward as Molly Thomas
- Stuart Whitman as Alex Forrester
- Edward Mulhare as Dr. Mark Fleming
- Alan Napier as The Vicar
- Joyce Worsley as Mrs. Barnes
- Leslie Denison as Superintendent Bickley
- Murray Matheson as Dr. Graham
- Hedley Mattingly as Police Constable Mort Rogers
- Carol Veazie as Auntie
Yash Chopra and B R Chopra remade it in India as the 1969 Hindi film Ittefaq starring Rajesh Khanna and Nanda. B R Chopra's grandson, Abhay Chopra, remade it in India as the 2017 Hindi film Ittefaq starring Sidharth Malhotra and Sonakshi Sinha.
- "Signpost to Murder (1965) - Overview - TCM.com". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
- "Signpost To Murder". TV Guide. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
|This article about a crime thriller film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|