Head Office of Sigtuna Municipality in Märsta
|• Total||349.74 km2 (135.04 sq mi)|
|• Land||327.4 km2 (126.4 sq mi)|
|• Water||22.34 km2 (8.63 sq mi)|
|Area as of 1 January 2014.|
(31 December 2018)
|• Density||140/km2 (360/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|ISO 3166 code||SE|
|Density is calculated using land area only.|
Sigtuna Municipality (Sigtuna kommun) is a municipality in Stockholm County in east central Sweden. Its seat is located in the town of Märsta, approximately 37 km (23 mi) north of the Swedish capital, Stockholm.
The municipality is a part of Metropolitan Stockholm.
The municipality consists of several former local government units and was formed in 1971. It got its name from the small, but very old, City of Sigtuna, but the seat was placed in the larger modern town of Märsta.
The three towns of the municipality are Märsta (pop. 23,000), Sigtuna (pop. 8,000) and Rosersberg (pop. 1,400), of which Märsta is the municipal seat and Sigtuna with its old and important history is a popular tourist destination.
Source: SCB - Folkmängd efter region och år.
Residents with a foreign background
On the 31st of December 2017 the number of people with a foreign background (persons born outside of Sweden or with two parents born outside of Sweden) was 20 291, or 43.04% of the population (47 146 on the 31st of December 2017). On the 31st of December 2002 the number of residents with a foreign background was (per the same definition) 9 426, or 26.35% of the population (35 771 on the 31st of December 2002).
Foreign countries of birth
On 31 December 2017 there were 47 146 residents in Sigtuna, of which 15 268 people (32.38%) were born in a country other than Sweden. Divided by country in the table below - the Nordic countries as well as the 12 most common countries of birth outside of Sweden for Swedish residents have been included, with other countries of birth bundled together by continent by Statistics Sweden.
|Country of birth|
|2||Asia: Other countries||2,751|
|3||Africa: Other countries||1,769|
|4||EU: Other countries||1,655|
|10||Europe outside of the EU: other countries||556|
|19||Bosnia and Herzegovina||205|
|21|| Yugoslavia/ Yugoslavia
SFR Yugoslavia/ Serbia and Montenegro
|26||Unknown country of birth||11|
This section needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In the municipality lies the largest workplace in Sweden, the Arlanda Airport, with 13,000 employees in 200 companies. As a result, Siguna is travelled through by 18,300,000 visitors yearly, and has the fourth most hotel stays, following to the commercial and regional centres Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö.
Twin towns — Sister cities
- "Statistiska centralbyrån, Kommunarealer den 1 januari 2014" (Microsoft Excel) (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "Folkmängd i riket, län och kommuner 31 december 2018" (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. February 21, 2019. Retrieved February 23, 2019.
- Antal personer efter region, utländsk/svensk bakgrund och år (Read 4 januari 2019)
- Statistiska centralbyrån: Utrikes födda efter län, kommun och födelseland 31 december 2017 (XLS-fil) Läst 4 januari 2019
- "Swedavia Start Page Archived 28 November 2010 at the Wayback Machine." Swedavia. Retrieved on 7 December 2010. "Swedavia AB, 190 45 Stockholm-Arlanda, Sweden."
- "SAS Head Office in Sweden." Scandinavian Airlines. Retrieved on 27 January 2012. "SAS Head Office Stockholm-Arlanda Kabinvägen 5 SE-195 87 Stockholm"
- http://www.sigtuna.se/upload/Kommun%20&%20Politik/Internationellt%20arbete/p269.pdf Archived 7 November 2007 at the Wayback Machine
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sigtuna Municipality.|