Head Office of Sigtuna Municipality in Märsta
|• Total||349.74 km2 (135.04 sq mi)|
|• Land||327.4 km2 (126.4 sq mi)|
|• Water||22.34 km2 (8.63 sq mi)|
|Area as of 1 January 2014.|
|Population (31 December 2017)|
|• Density||130/km2 (350/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|ISO 3166 code||SE|
|Density is calculated using land area only.|
Sigtuna Municipality (Sigtuna kommun) is a municipality in Stockholm County in east central Sweden. Its seat is located in the town of Märsta, approximately 37 km north of the Swedish capital, Stockholm.
The municipality is a part of Metropolitan Stockholm.
The municipality consists of several former local government units and was formed in 1971. It got its name from the small, but very old, City of Sigtuna, but the seat was placed in the larger modern town of Märsta.
The three towns of the municipality are Märsta (pop. 23,000), Sigtuna (pop. 8,000) and Rosersberg (pop. 1,400), of which Märsta is the municipal seat and Sigtuna with its old and important history is a popular tourist destination.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In the municipality lies the largest workplace in Sweden, the Arlanda Airport, with 13,000 employees in 200 companies. As a result, Siguna is travelled through by 18,300,000 visitors yearly, and has the fourth most hotel stays, following to the commercial and regional centres Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö.
Twin towns — Sister cities
- "Statistiska centralbyrån, Kommunarealer den 1 januari 2014" (Microsoft Excel) (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "Folkmängd i riket, län och kommuner 31 december 2017" (in Swedish). Statistics Sweden. February 21, 2018. Retrieved February 21, 2018.
- "Swedavia Start Page Archived 28 November 2010 at the Wayback Machine.." Swedavia. Retrieved on 7 December 2010. "Swedavia AB, 190 45 Stockholm-Arlanda, Sweden."
- "SAS Head Office in Sweden." Scandinavian Airlines. Retrieved on 27 January 2012. "SAS Head Office Stockholm-Arlanda Kabinvägen 5 SE-195 87 Stockholm"
- http://www.sigtuna.se/upload/Kommun%20&%20Politik/Internationellt%20arbete/p269.pdf Archived 7 November 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sigtuna Municipality.|