Sigurd Hole on stage at Kongshaugfestivalen 2019
|Born||13 July 1981|
|Occupation(s)||Jazz musician and composer|
|Associated acts||Eple Trio|
Hole is constantly touring and recording albums alongside some of Norways finest jazz musicians, as one of the most sought after bass players of his generation in Norway. John Kelman, of All About Jazz, stated: "Hole possesses a deep-in-the-gut tone not unlike Arild Andersen", and he is often collaborating with Norwegian folk music related musicians, combining traditional music with elements of contemporary jazz. His main project since 2005 is Eple Trio, in addition to different projects with Karl Seglem. Most recently he has replaced Mats Eilertsen in Tord Gustavsen Quartet (2014). He has also for several years worked closely with his colleague Jon Eberson at the Norwegian Academy of Music, where he holds a Masters degree of jazz and improvised music (2008). This collaboration took him first to Jon Eberson Group, later Eberson Funk Ensemble. After his graduation, Hole has worked full-time as a musician in various ensembles, like Karl Seglem Acoustic Quartet, Østerdalsmusikken and Eple Trio. The latter has been his main project - alongside his more American influenced jazz- and pop oriented work with Norwegian guitarist Jon Eberson (most notably in the band Jon Eberson Group). Sigurd recently joined Tord Gustavsens quartet, replacing as the groups new bass player.
Hole is also a composer and music arranger. His string arrangements have been played all over Norway in concerts with Jon Eberson Group, by musicians from orchestras such as the Bodø Sinfonietta, the Norwegian Chamber Orchestra and Kristiansand Symphony Orchestra. He has also arranged music for the Norwegian Radio Orchestra. He also contributes as composer to Eple Trio.
- 2018: Elvesang
- 2018: Encounters
- 2007: Made this (NorCD)
- 2008: The Widening Sphere Of Influence (NorCD)
- 2010:In The Clearing / In The Cavern (double album) (NorCD)
- 2014: Universal Cycle (Shipwreckords)
- 2017: 5 (Shipwreckords)
- 2009: Skoddeheimen (NorCD)
- Jon Eberson Group
- 2010: Comfort Call (Shipwreckords), feat. Hilde Marie Kjersem
- Helge Lien | Sigurd Hole
- 2016: StaiStua (NorCD)
With Tord Gustavsen
- The Other Side (ECM, 2018)
- "Biography". SigurdHole.no. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- Kelman, John (2012-06-25). "Eple Trio: In The Clearing / In The Cavern (2011)". Musical reviews. All About Jazz. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- "Sigurd Hole". Biography. Norwegian Academy of Music. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
- "Eple Trio". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2017-10-17.
- "Sigurd Hole". Discography. Discogs.com. Retrieved 2015-06-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sigurd Hole.|