14 February 1988 |
Paide, Estonian SSR,
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||192 lb (87 kg; 13 st 10 lb)|
Liivik started his professional career with HIFK in 2008. Before joining the Helsinki-based club's first team, Liivik played in the United States with the Waterloo Black Hawks of the United States Hockey League. He has also represented HIFK at different youth levels.
He made his first appearance for HIFK in the 2008–09 season opener against local rivals Jokerit on 11 September 2008. On 30 September 2008 he scored his first SM-liiga goal when HIFK faced KalPa at home. Liivik won Finnish hockey championship in the 2010–11 season. After his first professional seasons with HIFK, Liivik transferred as a free agent to fellow Liiga outfit, the Espoo Blues on 8 April 2013.
After three seasons with the Blues and a short return stint with HIFK, Liivik signed his first contract abroad in agreeing to a two-year contract with Swedish club, Örebro HK, of the SHL on 27 April 2016.
Regular season and playoffs
|2007–08||Waterloo Black Hawks||USHL||44||11||6||17||68||1||0||1||1||0|
Under his known nickname Märkä-Simo, Siim Liivik was featured in the music video of the 2011 single "Häissä" by Finnish rappers Jare & VilleGalle. The single released on the Monsp Finnish record label, proved very popular and reached the top of the Finnish Singles Chart. The official music video directed by andrei6000 features Märkä-Simo rapping with the duo.
- "Liivik's player profile" (in Finnish). Jatkoaika.com. 2013-02-03. Retrieved 2013-02-03.
- "Game by game" (in Finnish). Liiga. 2008-09-30. Retrieved 2012-06-17.
- "Espoo Blues 2013-14 Roster". Espoo Blues. 2014-04-01. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "5 new players in OHK". Örebro HK. 2016-04-27. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- Music video of "Häissä" by Jare & VilleGalle featuring Märkä-Simo