Kher in August 2016
|Born||31 October 1982|
|Parent(s)||Kirron Kher (mother)|
Anupam Kher (step-father)
Kher is the son of actress and politician Kirron Kher and her first husband Gautam Berry. He is the stepson of actor Anupam Kher. In January 2016, Kher got engaged to Priya Singh, cousin of actress Sonam Kapoor. In March 2016, the engagement between Sikandar and Priya had been called off.
Sikandar attended his step-father, Anupam Kher's acting workshop. Thereafter he could only join the short-term 6-month National School of Drama course because he did not hold a Bachelor's degree. He is also a member of the International Film And Television Club of Asian Academy Of Film & Television, Noida.
Kher got his first break in acting from producer Sanjay Gupta in the film, Woodstock Villa. The film's review by Hindustan Times said that his performance was limited by the film's screenplay and direction. On the other hand, Times of India said that he had a screen presence. CNN-IBN's Rajeev Masand, who was highly critical about the movie, said that Sikander had an "engaging presence and impressive dialogue delivery." In 9 years, Kher has acted in only six films including the Abbas-Mustan directed thriller Players which flopped at the box office and Aurangzeb starring Rishi Kapoor and Arjun Kapoor, where he played a supporting role.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2010||Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey||Nirmal Sen|
|2016||Tere Bin Laden 2||David Chaddha|
|2019||Milan Talkies||Guru Panda|
|Romeo Akbar Walter||Colonel Khan|
|The Zoya Factor||Zoravar Singh Solanki|
|2020||Tadap||Ranjit Singh Rane|
- Shiksha, Shruti (31 October 2019). "Kunal Kapoor And Naina Bachchan Headline Sikandar Kher's Birthday Party. See Pics". NDTV.com. Retrieved 9 August 2019.
- "Sikander Kher: My father's very clear ' just get up, audition and go ask for work - Times of India". The Times of India. 28 January 2017. Retrieved 9 August 2019.
- Davis, Maggie (19 May 2016). "Sonam Kapoor's cousin sister Priya Singh and beau Sikandar Kher part ways". India.com. Retrieved 9 August 2019.
- Patcy, N (2 June 2006). "Kirron ....Kher on her son, Sikander". Rediff.com. Retrieved 3 June 2008.
- "Sikander Kher's entry scene shot for Rs 1.5 cr". Hindustan Times. 8 May 2006. Retrieved 3 June 2008.
- "Out of stock villa". Hindustan Times. 30 May 2006. Retrieved 3 June 2008.
- Kazmi, Nikhat (30 May 2006). "Woodstock Villa - Hindi movie review". Times of India. Retrieved 2 June 2008.
- Masand, Rajeev (30 May 2006). "Masand's Verdict: Woodstock Villa". CNN-IBN. Retrieved 3 June 2008.