Bhai Bachitter Singh , a famous Sikh Rajput
|• Punjabi • English|
|Related ethnic groups|
|• Indo-Aryan people • Rajputs • Punjabi Rajputs|
These Rajput princes played major role in sikhism by militalisiting common Sikhs who were mostly peasants and traders . They gave their Shastravidya to the common Sikhs which was before that exclusive to Rajput princes only .
There are many Rajputs in the history of Sikhism: A few are -
- Sardar Baj Singh ( First Governor of Khalsa Raj )
- Sardar Gulab Singh Rathore ( Founder of Dallewalia Misl )
- The A to Z of Sikhism ,WH McLeod, Scarecrow Press, Jul 30, 2009, page 127
- Relocating gender in Sikh history: transformation, meaning and identity, Oxford University Press, Feb 24, 2003, page 236
- Ganda, Singh (1990) . Life of Banda Singh Bahadur : based on contemporary and original records. Punjabi University/Khalsa College. p. 1. OCLC 25748134.
His father Ram Dev was an ordinary ploughman Rajput.
- Sambhi, Piara Singh; W Owen Cole (1990). A popular dictionary of Sikhism. Curzon. p. 49. ISBN 978-0-913215-51-7. OCLC 59977906.
Born a Rajput, he was a Bairagi yogi until his conversion
- Lepen Griffin - Chiefs of Punjab