Sikkim Krantikari Morcha
|Sikkim Krantikari Morcha (S.K.M)
सिक्किम क्रान्तिकारी मोर्चा
|Founded||4 February 2013|
|ECI Status||Registered Party|
|Seats in Lok Sabha||
0 / 545
|Seats in Rajya Sabha||
0 / 245
|Seats in the Legislative Assembly||
10 / 32
|Politics of India
Sikkim Krantikari Morcha (SKM) (Nepali: सिक्किम क्रान्तिकारी मोर्चा; translation: Sikkim Revolutionary Front) is a political party in the Indian state of Sikkim. On February 4, 2013, SKM was established at Soreng, a western city of Sikkim. Bharti Sharma was elected the Working President of SKM who is the first female leader of political party in Sikkim.
Prem Singh Tamang alias P.S. Golay was the Member of the Sikkim Legislative Assembly, was one of the prominent figures of Sikkim Democratic Front (SDF), and was the Minister in the Government of Sikkim. But since December 2009 he had started to criticize to Pawan Kumar Chamling who is the President of SDF and the chief minister of Sikkim.
In September 2013 P.S. Golay formally seceded from SDF, and became the Party President of SKM.
2014 assembly election
SKM contested assembly election from all 32 constituencies which were held on April 12, 2014. SKM won 10 seats and became the second large party and opposition in Sikkim Legislative Assembly. They secured 40.8% votes in election.The former Chief Minister of Sikkim Nar Bahadur Bhandari gave his unconditional support to SKM party withdrawing his party Sikkim Sangram Parishad for participation in elections, 2014 and played active role during campaigning phase of SKM party. Likely Former Chief Minister of Sikkim B.B.Goorong shown his support to SKM party , resigning from ruling SDF party. 
For the by-poll of Sikkim Legislative Assembly which were held September 13, 2014, SKM established the alliance with Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), and supported Bikash Basnet who was a candidate of BJP.
- Sikkim Krantikari Krishak Morcha
- Sikkim Krantikari Nari Morcha
- Sikkim Krantikari Yuva Morcha
- Sikkim Krantikari Shramik Morcha
- Sikkim Krantikari Vidyarthi Morcha
- Sikkim Krantikari Vyapari Morcha
- Sikkim Krantikari Chalak Morcha
- Sikkim Krantikari Avakashprapta Sainik Morcha
- Sikkim Krantikari Avakashprapta Karmachari Morcha
Members of State Legislative Assembly elected in 2014 General Elections from SKM
- P.S. Golay (Burtuk Constituency)
- Kunga Nima Lepcha (Syari Constituency)
- Hemendra Adhikari (Rhenock Constituency)
- Pintsho Chopel Lepcha (Gangtok Constituency)
- Gopal Baraily (West Pandam Constituency)
- Dr.Mechung Bhutia (Martam-Rumtek Constituency)
- Sonam Kelyon Lama (Shanga Seat)
- Ugen Nedup Bhutia (Kabi-Lingchok Constituency)
- T.W. Basnett (Tadong Constituency)
- Shyam Pradhan (Arithang Constituency)
Candidates of SKM in 2014 General Elections
SKM Candidate List, Election 2014 :
- THUTOP BHUTIA (01 YUKSOM-TASHIDING (BL),WEST SIKKIM)
- KARNA BAHADUR SUBBA (02 YANGTHANG ,WEST SIKKIM)
- BIRBAL SUBBA (03 MANEYBUNG-DENTAM ,WEST SIKKIM)
- LOK NATH SHARMA (04 GYALSHING-BARNYAK ,WEST SIKKIM)
- PEMA KINZANG BHUTIA (05 RINCHENGPONG (BL),WEST SIKKIM)
- M.N.SHARPA (06 DARAMDIN(BL),WEST SIKKIM)
- BHARATI SHARMA (07 SORENG-CHANKUNG ,WEST SIKKIM)
- BHANU PRATAP RASAILLY (08 SALGHARI-ZOOM ( SC),WEST SIKKIM)
- PEMA WANGYAL BHUTIA (09 BARFUNG (BL),SOUTH SIKKIM)
- BHOJ RAJ RAI (10 POK LOK KAMRANG,SOUTH SIKKIM)
- MILAN RAI (11 NAMCHI-SINGHITHANG ,SOUTH SIKKIM)
- PREM KARKI (12 MELLI,SOUTH SIKKIM)
- PREM SINGH TAMANG (13 NAMTHANG-RATEYPANI ,SOUTH SIKKIM)
- LALIT SHARMA (14 TEMI-NAMPHING ,SOUTH SIKKIM)
- BIKASH BESNET (15 RANGANY-YANGANG,SOUTH SIKKIM SIKKIM)
- NEDUP TSHERING LEPCHA (16 TUMIN-LINGI (BL ) ,SOUTH SIKKIM)
- DR. M.K.SHARMA (17 KHAMDONG-SINGTAM ,EAST SIKKIM)
- GOPAL BARAILY (18 WEST PANDAM (SC))
- HEMENDRA ADHAKARI (19 RHENOCK ,EAST SIKKIM)
- K.B.GURUNG (20 CHUJACHEN,EAST SIKKIM)
- SONAM DORJEE BHUTIA (21 GNATHANG-MACHONG (BL),EAST SIKKIM)
- DILIP RAI (22 NAMCHEYBUNG ,EAST SIKKIM)
- KUNGA NIMA LEPCHA (23 SHYARI (BL) ,EAST SIKKIM)
- DR. MICHUNG BHUTIA (24 MARTAM-RUMTEK (BL) ,EAST SIKKIM)
- TIMOTHY WILLIAM BASNET (25 UPPER TADONG ,EAST SIKKIM)
- SHYAM SUNDAR PRADHAN (26 ARITHANG ,EAST SIKKIM)
- PINTSHO CHOPEL LEPCHA (27 GANGTOK ,EAST SIKKIM)
- PREM SINGH TAMANG (28 UPPER BURTUK ,EAST SIKKIM)
- UGEN NEDUP BHUTIA (29 KABI LUNCHOK (BL),NORTH SIKKIM)
- DAWA LEPCHA (30 DJONGU (BL),NORTH SIKKIM)
- SANDUP LEPCHA (31 LACHEN-MANGAN (BL) ,NORTH SIKKIM)
- SONAM LAMA KALYEN (32 SANGH)
- T.N. DHAKAL M.P. (LOK SABHA )
Beside winning of ten seats , SKM candidates stood runners up position from rest of the twenty-two seats of State Legislative Assembly and One Seat of Lok Sabha. SKM is only major opposition party in Sikkim and also holds second largest party inside the state legislative house of Sikkim with its ten members.
- "List of Political Parties and Election Symbols main Notification Dated 18.01.2013" (PDF). India: Election Commission of India. 2013. Retrieved 9 May 2013.
- Himalayan Mirror, February 5, 2013, p.1. (pdf)
- Golay says bye to SDF, finallyThe Telegraph, September 4, 2013. Retrieved March 19, 2014.
- "Why Sikkim is more excited about assembly polls than Lok Sabha elections?". DNA. 2 April 2014. Retrieved 11 May 2014.
- SDF sweeps Sikkim pollsBusiness Standard, May 17, 2014. Retrieved May 17, 2014.
- "Partywise assembly election result status". ECI. Archived from the original on 2014-05-16.
- Voting starts for Sikkim assembly seatThe Economic Times, September 13, 2014. Retrieved September 14, 2014. Basnet was a SKM candidate on the Sikkime Legislative Assembly Election of April 2014.
|This article about an Indian political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|